Friday, December 18, 2009

Anyone not use diaper rash cream?

Now that my little boy is almost ready to potty train, and I was cleaning his room and realized that his little tube of diaper rash cream we got when he was a newborn has barely been used. I honestly only think of two or three times that we used it.





Am I the only one who doesn't/didn't use diaper rash cream?Anyone not use diaper rash cream?
No, I hardly used it at all. I think the quality of disposable nappies has improved so much that a baby's skin doesnt get so irritated as it once might have.Anyone not use diaper rash cream?
I hardly use it on my 10 1/2 month old daughter. She has only had a tiny bit of diaper rash, once or twice when we switched foods. I also put a bit on her as a barrier cream (Butt Paste, usually) when we will be travelling or sometimes overnight if she is teething bad or something and I'm afraid she might develop a bit of a rash. I've only gone through one tube (almost through it) of Butt Paste so far. I hate putting any extra chemicals on her unnecessarily, so I only use it when I feel it's really needed.
I didn't use diaper rash cream with either of my boys. I don't really think they ever had diaper rash. Maybe once.. thankfully. I really like the A+D ointment(I guess this would be considered diaper rash cream?). I sometimes put it on my baby at night just to keep his diaper area protected. It also has many multi-purpose uses.
Wow! I dab a little bit on at EVERY diaper change! Maybe my daughter's tush is just really sensitive...





When she was 3 days old my mother came to visit and yelled at me, because my daughter had a diaper rash and I didn't even know. (I thought it was an actual rash all over their bottom... I had never changed a diaper before my daughter was born) I felt so guilty and bad, that now I use some at every single diaper change! I guess it just gives me peace of mind, lol, and she's almost 7 months old and no diaper rashes yet, so I'll probably do it for as long as she is in diapers!
i didn't until my daughter got a yeast infection. after it cleared with prescription cream, i started using vaseline just to have a barrier. i didn't want to put chemicals on her bottom if i didn't have to. she's never had diaper rash, just 2 yeast infections with were out of my control.
I never used mine either. I found a tube from my first son who is almost five now and my other son is 3. I saved it for my upcoming baby (I don't think it goes bad) but he probably won't need it either. I think it just depends on the baby and their skin type and what their parents feed them. IDK.
i hardly used any either. maybe a total of 5 or 6 times.


i've used it just as many times in the past 2 months since switching to disposables than i'd used in the first 10 months of my girl's life when i used cloth.
even i hardly needed it. are'nt we lucky.
No, I've been fortunate to not have used it on my last two babies, I do use Vasaline though, just as a barrier from the wetness to make sure I don't have to use diaper rash cream...smile
No, but my baby is only 5 months and bf so she doesn't poop very often (was every 8 days until 2 weeks ago and now it seems to be every 4). So I think her bum doesn't get as irritated as more ';poopy'; babies.
Your not alone i think i only used mine once or twice and it was because i was paranoid and i thought he looked a lil red...Be glad that u took care of ur son so well he never got a diaper rash!! Im proud!
I use it occassionally, when we had a red rash....usually caused by some spicy thing she ate. But, I've never emptied a tube.
This just shows that you took good care of your childs diaper changing. My son only needed it when he had thrush from an antibiotic. Kudos mom!
Nope, same here! We got about three things of diaper rash cream at our baby shower(which was 9months ago), and only one of them has been used ONCE. lol.
So far we've used it twice -- once while hw was still in the nicu and once when he had a stomach bug. He's 8 months old.
I never used it for my oldest son, but i useit very often for my younger son. It is diff for each child!
I rarely used it -
i wish i could say no...
My baby is only 11 days old and so far haven't used it and hope I won't need to like you! This is a good thing
hardly ever. maybe once or twice

No comments:

Post a Comment