Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are your babies constantly putting baby wipes, diaper rash cream etc.. in their mouths?

My son is constantly putting these things in his mouth....I'm sure all kids do. I am always wondering though, how much does he have to put in his mouth before it actually causes harm!!Are your babies constantly putting baby wipes, diaper rash cream etc.. in their mouths?
My daughter is 8 months old and puts anything in her mouth lol. It's just a baby thing. You just have to keep things such as these out of her reach. Yes it is normal - I let her chew on the plastic diaper cream tubes because they feel good to her gums. But I do assure that the lid is on good and I keep a close eye on her to be sure my little hoodini doesn't open it! As for wipes - when I am changing her I put a few wipes on her tummy because it makes her laugh and usually once I pick her legs up to wipe her she grabs one of the wipes and shoves it in her mouth. I take it out once I need it. I don't make it a big deal because it just simply isn't. You sound like a mom that knows what she is doing! So keep on keeping on!!!Are your babies constantly putting baby wipes, diaper rash cream etc.. in their mouths?
i have four girls all under 5 and they have all had a fetish for sudocrem and baby wipes, my 4 yr old eat a whole tub and nothing bad came from it, and my twin 2 yr olds are always trying to eat them. i doubt it will harm them just maybe keep them well out of reach, although that only works when they cant get into everything. it is a faze and he wont do it forever, they soon realize they'd rather open a biscuit tin then a tub of sudocrem or wipes.
No my kids didn't. 1 i don't use wipes because on all my kids they broke out so I just use a washcloth and pat dry. As for the cream my babies couldn't open the tube to get to the cream, but they have stuck the bottom of the tube in their mouth and I simply took it away and gave them a chew toy.
Your son can't figure out what those things are for so he tries them to see how they taste. It's the way babies work! They are just curious! But sometimes, curiosity can be very harm full. I suggest you place everything out of his reach on high shelves or locked cabinets.


:)
All kids do that. As long as he's not emptying the tube of diaper rash cream into his mouth, its fine for him to chew on. I also knew a little girl who just LOVED to chew on wipes. It won't hurt them.
nope that's kinda gross and can be dangerous w.all the chemicals and things in those

No comments:

Post a Comment