Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Best Diaper rash cream for child with diarrhea?

My son has the flu and in 2 diaper changes with diarrhea he has gotten a pretty nasty rash I'm guessing from all the acid any ideas on a good diaper rash cream you can use on skin with eczema I tried to call his peds office but they closed early today I've tried asking several pharmacys but they just keep telling me call his dr any help would be great thanks!Best Diaper rash cream for child with diarrhea?
My son is just recovering from the same type of diaper rash.


It was horrible! His skin had fallen off and everything. I didn't know what to do anymore.


This is what finally helped. First I stopped thinking of it as a diaper rash, and started thinking of it as a burn... which essentially is what it is.


Products that helped:


Burrows Solution. It comes in a packet that you dissolve in water which is used to treat burns. You fill a bucket or something up until his waist and sit him in the water for five minutes. I put my son in an enormous pot used to boil water (mainly because it was big enough) because I don't have a baby tub.


Here is a picture!


http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu167鈥?/a>





Making a baking soda paste and applying it also helps soothe the pain and make him feel better.


Use water instead of wipes to clean his little butt. The wipes and rubbing will irritate it further.


A good cream to use is Triple Paste. It is a bit expensive but Extremely effective.





ETA:


Aquahor is great. It does dramatically improve the diaper rash. Both triple paste and aquaphor are god's gift to little butts in diapers! =PBest Diaper rash cream for child with diarrhea?
Aquaphor! having worked in daycares and changed a milion diapers, ive used it all and aquaphor is the best. its great for sensitive skin or any for that matter. i used it on every diaper change for prevention but it dramatically reduced redness and irritation (diaper rash) within in hours. get the regular aquaphor in the tub in the lotion/vaseline aisle, its the better buy and the aquaphor baby is the same thing except more expesive cause it has baby written on it. go to eucerin for coupons!
My son just went through this and Destin hurt him. I used Aquaphor which didn't cause any pain and cleared it up within the next day. My son when he was younger also had mild eczema. We use Eucerin lotion for that and Aquaphor is made by Eucerin.
I just asked my friends and family the same thing. The a %26amp; d and destin werent working so today I got Boudreaux's butt paste. Supposidly that is the best, I am just trying it out for the first time.
get the affected skin really dry and clean and apply a zinc oxide based cream before putting the diaper back on.


if you are using cloth diapers use pawpaw ointment if you can get it
After you clean your baby rubb vasaline all over the butt it will keep it from stinging your baby and the poop will come off easier that way you dont hurt them when your rubbing it off.
Oh I loved the A%26amp;D ointment...because depending on how bad the diarrhea is sometimes the baby's skin can get irritated and sensitive...the oint helps sooth it as well as heal
A%26amp;D it helps with in the next 2 diaper changes if not the next one. I always keep it stocked!
boudreaux'a butt paste is good.
CORN STARCH

No comments:

Post a Comment