Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do you put diaper rash cream with every change of diapers?

Is it safe enough? which brand do you use?Do you put diaper rash cream with every change of diapers?
Desitin or Balmex, even though Plain old Vaseline also does the trick.. Yes they are very safe to use, but only put diaper rash cream with every diaper change only if your baby has a rash, otherwise, its not necessary..Do you put diaper rash cream with every change of diapers?
I do everynight before he goes to bed and if i see a bit of pink starting or if he's had a lot of poops that day.
I dont use cream during the day. If your babies are good sleepers and sleep for several hours at night like mine, its a good idea to put some on at their last diaper change before bedtime to protect them against wetness until they wake up and you can change them
yes
If your baby doesn't have a rash. No you don't
I do not put on diaper cream unless a rash is starting or if baby is having loose stools (to prevent rash). I use Dr. Smith's- it is hands down the best! If there is a rash always use w/ every diaper change and make sure to cover the surface well. Severe diaper rashes can turn into a yeast infection or skin infection very easily. I
you put it at every change if your child has a rash...otherwise i would just use a little talc powder at every change..
I use cloth and my baby never gets a rash.
No, I only use it for as long as a rash is there. I've always used Desitin.
I rarely use any cream. Changing your baby frequently and letting your baby air out for five minutes before you put the diaper back on- even if you can only do this once a day- really helps.
No--only when they have a rash.





The best I've ever found is Calmoseptine. It's non-prescription, but the pharmacist keeps it behind the counter for some reason. It's very thick, so it stays on through multiple changes and won't soak into the diaper immediately, leaving the baby's raw butt exposes, and it containes menthol and calamine (to soothe). It clears up the worst case of diaper rash practically overnight. :)





Boudreaux's Butt Paste is a good one too, but not as good as Calmoseptine.





I gave up a long time ago on Desitin, A%26amp;D, etc. They're too thin and they soak into the diaper too quickly. What good does it do to use them if they're not going to stick to the rash?
no. i don't see any need to be putting diaper cream on your little's bottom if they don't need it. i mean, do you take medicine when your not sick. i don't think it would be a good thing to constantly use the cream, especially if you have a little girl. i have always used a %26amp; d diaper ointment. it have very many purposes. burns, scraches, %26amp; lip balm...just very convint for the whole family.
i always put on, just incase. i wouldn't want him to get a rash. i use johnson %26amp; johnson. i have 2 kids and had no problem with it.
I only used it if she seemed to be getting a rash or already had one, otherwise I just used a little baby powder with every change just to keep things fresh and dry. :)
Only use the diaper rash cream when they have diaper rash, and then yes, every time is safe, until it heals up. I use desitin.
I only used it if my kids had diaper rash. If they did I found that keeping them out of there diapers for a while to let the air be on them and then putting balmax cleared it up pretty quickly
Balmex is the best and real easy to spread. You do not have to put it on all the time, but on hot humid days I always checked the kids diapers every hour and changed it so that they did not get diaper rash. Rashes hurt in the summer time. Good Luck!
I only use it if he looks to be getting a rash. Just when he's starting to get pink. I use either Balmex or Desitin. I still have my two original tubes I got at a shower he so rarely has diaper rash. They both work fine. I use whichever one I grab first.
We use a little A %26amp; D ointment at every changing. Seams to be helping.
I have six children and I have found through trial and error that cornstarch works really well. I sometime mix it with Vaseline to make a paste otherwise I just sprinkle a little in the diaper and it clears rashes (at least with my kids) right up.
no i dont use it with every diaper change. I change my son's diapers frequently, and only put a thick layer of it at night, b/c i don't know when i'll get to change him.. I always make sure he's dry at every diaper change, towel dry and air dry after bath... And he's never had a diaper rash.. :) I coudlnt tell you which brand i use... i cannot remember what it's called.. it's not cute little bear on it, it's a white and blue bottle.. It stays in our bathroom...
I dont always use it, just when I can tell a rash is coming on or my son has one. We use Desitin and I just bought some Johnson and Johnson and both worked well.
I didn't, but my daughter got a really bad rash so I started. I use a little A%26amp;D at each changing. It puts a protective layer between the skin and the wetness. Plus, the A%26amp;D is not so think that you have to scrub it off later. It seems to really help my little girl's bottom.
No, only if there is a rash. Use Desitin Original (or the generic equivalent) with 40% zinc oxide. Their butts stay white for hours afterward but the rash disappears quickly.
I didn't always put cream on with each change. Like they said, if you see a rash, then definitely use it. In my opinion Butt Paste is the best. (Don't laugh at the name!) Seriously, I used it once when I had a sore backside, and it worked like a charm!
I use destine and yes every change.

No comments:

Post a Comment