Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Does anyone know of a diaper rash cream that actually works?

my 10 month old son has a terrible rash, and he has had some very frequent loose stool episodes. he is eating and drinking fine and is totally himself, which is very happy, except when the time comes to change his diaper. he is teething, I am not sure if that would cause unexplained diahrrea... Nothing has changed in his eating habits.....HELP!!!Does anyone know of a diaper rash cream that actually works?
The One You Really Need To Use Always Its Balmex To Protect Your Baby From Diaper Rash ,Blamex Cream with Aloe %26amp; Vitamin E is specially formulated to reduce redness and help soothe and heal diaper rash,


But,If Your Son Have Really Bad Daiper Rash Or If You Use For 3 Days And Up You Need To Take Him To The Doctor So He/She Can Give You A Good Cream For It That Only Doctor Can Describe It You Know.





Also Use Vasline It Work Great Too.Does anyone know of a diaper rash cream that actually works?
No, but I can tell you what worked for my baby: switching to Seventh Generation diapers. He had persistent rash from Pamapers and Huggies, and has not had a rash once since I switched. I also use cotton pads and water instead of wipes, because they are irritating.
my daughter had alot of diaper rashes when she was younger and none of them seemed to work all that well. so i asked the dr. and he told me to try neosporin ointment. not only does it help heal the rash but also repells moisture. i have used it on all three of my kids
We are having to switch based on how bad the rash is. I am putting Neosproin on and the desiten regular. We also try to change her a lot!





I am actually thinking of trying to potty train her early. She likes playing with the potty so I hope she will like using it!





I know that is just a dream since she is 15 months, but the poor things butt is so raw. I hope you get some good answers I can try as well.
Elizabeth Anne's cornstarch powder dries the rash up pretty well
Diarrhea often causes bad diaper rash. Take your baby to the doctor to make sure it isn't a fungal infection. You'll need a prescription antifungal cream if it is.





Otherwise, I recommend Desitin or Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Both work really well for bad diaper rash (Desitin claims to work overnight and often does!). Don't use that Aveeno stuff. It doesn't work.





Good luck.
you will need a prescription for it but Vusion works wonders! my son was sick and had a terrible rash from it, it was severe enough that his PEDI prescribed it. it says its for children with a severe rash and yeast infection or UTI or something, but my son never had either. He Just had the severe diaper rash Ask your childs PEDI about vusion.
Vaseline all the way.
We tried the Butt Paste and it didn't work. My sister of 4 recommended Corona. It's a salve made for animals, but it works great on diaper rash. Our daughter had a bad diaper rash and we used Corona for 2 days and it was gone!


I know it sounds odd, but I have heard of several people using it on all their kids.
I like triple paste(found at walmart) Its a little on the pricey side but I like it..when my daughter was 2 weeks old I had to get nystatin for her but because she was to the point of blistering..then after it cleared up I used the triple paste. It kind of has the consistency of marshmellow fluff.
I tried Vitacilina Bebe Diaper Rash Ointment , a product from Mexico. You can find it at CVS and Walgreens.





Also, avoid using wipes. They always worsen my son's rash. I would rinse the wipes out with warm water before cleaning him.
Boudreaux's Butt Paste.
BAG BALM IT IS THE GREATEST AND WORKS GREAT
i cant belive that nobody has recomended Bepanthan - its very good for nappy rash





try this website as it has the product itsself and also some good advice - http://www.bepanthen.co.uk/
I use Bepanthen when the bum starts getting a bit red. It is very good and you can get it most places, including Boots. I use a Boots zinc and castor oil cream as a barrier and it is excellent, my son has never had a nappy rash.
When I was at Toys-R-Us I got a ';their Brand'; of diaper rash ointment. It was in a big jar, and it worked AWESOME. sorry this may not be a huge help....I cannot not remember the name of it just that it was ';toy-r-us'; brand cream and it really worked in like hours.
Try Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I used it for my three kids, it works wonders.
Butt Paste, all the way!! It's awesome.





And don't worry when you open it and it's a light yellowish-brown color, it's suppose to be that way. I only say this because I read a question a month or so ago where someone was freaking out because they thought it was bad.
I went to my doc and got an Rx for Greer's Goo...it's a diaper rash cream that the pharmacist has to make. I'm not sure what's all in it, but it worked wonders for my baby
The best thing that worked for my little guy was a prescription from his pediatrician called ';Magic Butt Cream'; its a compound that the pharmacy makes up for you - and it worked miracles! Might want to check with your pediatrician about it... best of luck to you!!
it could be a yeast infection baby boys get them 2 cortizone 10 works awesome so if that doesn't work i would take him to the doc it is probably a diffrent kind of rash
My daughter is going thru the same thing. It is a teething rash, I suppose. She is eating fine, drinking fine, etc. Just the diaper eeekkkk! I use balmex and then put a couple of towels on the floor and let things air out. I have heard of some mother using a hair dyer set really low to dry the area completly.
Triple Paste is the only thing I have tried that works 100% of the time. It is pricey, but worth it.
Balmex (in the tub, not the tube) or Weleda Calendula Cream might help.
the butt paste is good. but I use %26amp; recommend just plain old zinc oxide found in the first aid/skin section of the store. in walmart is near the bandaids. zinc oxide is the active ingredient in the diaper rash creams. the tube of the zinc oxide is even a couple percentages higher ratio than the baby creams %26amp; it works like a charm.
I have used Penatan for both my kids...


My daughter had a slight rash within her first few weeks but nada since (now 3 months)
As far as OTC creams go, I've found Butt Paste to be the best.


What works for us at nighttime is to spread Maalox on the diaper area, then sprinkle Corn Starch on it (the kind you find in the bakers aisle, not baby powder) %26amp; rub that in till it pastes up.


I hope his rash clears up soon!!





Edit... I agree with the answer above about Seventh Generation diapers %26amp; using water instead of baby wipes.


Our son had a ridiculously stubborn rash for about 2 months. The doc prescribed a yeast medication %26amp; then a fungal medication, but neither cleared the rash. That's when we switched to Seventh Generation, tried the Maalox/Corn Starch combo %26amp; started rinsing him in the bathroom sink rather than using baby wipes. His rash cleared up in a week.
aquaphor
call your babies doctor and ask them to prescribe a rash ointment called pink swizzle. it's amazing and works fast!
Boudreaux's Butt Paste works pretty well.





However, if you want a more natural and organic remedy check out the Earth Mama Angel Baby website. They have an Angel Baby Bottom Balm that works wonders!!! Its all I use and Connor has never had a rash on his tooshie since.
  • symphony
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment