Friday, December 18, 2009

How long does it take nystatin cream to work for diaper rash?

My doctor prescribed it for my month old daughter who has been suffering from a BAD diaper rash, but today is the 4th day and I've only seen a little improvment...is this normal? How long should I wait before calling the doctor back? Thanks!!How long does it take nystatin cream to work for diaper rash?
My daughter suffered with horrible diaper rashes until I changed from pampers to luvs!! Seems she was allergic to something in pampers. If you are using pampers it might be worth the shot to try another diaper.





And to answer your question about calling the doctor back, call now if you are worried about your baby. It's important for you to feel free to talk to her doctor about your concerns.


I think the cream should have started to make a dif after 4 days. I hope your daughter feels better soon. I would give her lots of little ';butt baths'; to keep her clean, especially after BMs because her butt must be sore.


Good luck!How long does it take nystatin cream to work for diaper rash?
+++ Hi! +++





This will sound insane, but often yogurt works. It should be plain yogurt, not fruity.





';Inspect her rash carefully. Do you see little red spots? If so, this skin rash is probably a yeast rash. The cure for this is simple, plain yogurt. It contains acidophilus that will fight the yeast. Of course, you could spend several hours taking her to the doctor for a prescription for an anti-fungal ointment. Or you can simply take about 2 Tablespoons of plain yogurt at room temperature, warm it with your fingers and spread it on the rash. This will kill the yeast very effectively. Reapply the yogurt every time you change her diaper or every two hours whichever comes first until the redness disappears.';





http://www.ehow.com/how_2193137_cure-bab鈥?/a>
I honestly never used that. My children, mainly my daughter would get horrible diaper rash. To the point where sh was raw and bleeding. I used Butt Paste...that was heaven sent!! It worked so well. I also (on my mothers advice) used corn starch, just sprinkled it on like powder and that worked well too. It usually took a couple of days for those things to help (used seperate times)
4days - use a + d ointment, more effective,

No comments:

Post a Comment