Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I need to find a really good diaper rash cream?

I have a 2 yr old and she has diarreah so bad she cant sit down. I want to find a cream that will help to form a barrier on her butt so she wont get so raw. I have already tried a+d medicated ointment and it just isnt doing the job. Please help!I need to find a really good diaper rash cream?
Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I have 5 year old twins who never had a diaper rash. If they ever started to just get a little pink I would rub on some Butt Paste and it would be all better within hours.I need to find a really good diaper rash cream?
You are very welcome. I'm glad it worked. Report Abuse

zinc oxide
Desetin
Sodu cream, best for this condition. Try it.
try medicated gold bond powder it stinks but works. or arbonne cream, or antifungial athletes foot cream (worked for my sons yeast infection from antibiotics. sounds stupid but it works pharmist recommended it to me.
I use extra Strong zincofax and it has 37% zinc oxide. I found that the higher the percentage the better it was and I have tried them all. But with the diarrhea maybe you should go to the doctor and they will give you a medicine and will be stronger than anyone can buy over the counter. And another thing the more that air can get at it the better. Also make sure that the bum is dry before putting anything on it if not you can be trapping moisture in.
Desitin; it is pediatrician reccomended! It works really well!
I would get balmax. It is mostly zinc oxide which is what you need in a diaper rash cream but it will also numb her butt a little bit. If you can find just zinc oxide then get that but Balmax is the best.
Super duper diaper goo we used this in many nursing homes works wonders
Destin creamy over night. I use is on my daughter and it is really hard to come off you need like soap and water to take it off
I have found from experiance that A %26amp; D with Aloe works really well. and also vasaline (sp?) Coat her bottom first with the vasaline and then put the a.d over top. usually this helped my kids





good luck
The very best thing i have found is to let air on it at every possible occasion,and any cream such as Vaseline is the very best to waterproof the sore area when they need to cover up.


Plenty of fluids to help with diarreah to wash out the cause,your GP would give you something that would help with the child's drinking to stop then dehydrating and body loss of energy,salt etc.
I swear by sudocreme.





My son is allergic to citric acid and before we found out he would get a rash so bad he would bleed. Sudocreme doesn't sting a raw bum and it cools the burning right away. It helps heal very quickly.
There are 2 creams that i have found to be the best:





1) Bodrux (sp?) Butt Paste (yellow and white tube)





2) Triple Paste (some pharmacists keep it behind the counter)





Triple paste is more expensive but they both do a great job on diaper rash.
For my daughter who also gets alot of diaper rash but DESITIN and if it starts to get really bad I also use Butt Paste......





And I wash her bum all the time when she poops and I hardly use wipes if it all possible and airdry it........
try pure corn starch. you can find it in the baking aisle in the grocery store. Just sprinkle some on her bottom. Apply a layer to cover the rash, it can be messy but it has always worked for me. If you would rather use real diaper cream Burts Butts Paste.
Butt Paste works wonders. ;-)
johnsons no more rash 3 in 1 formula its works really well it makes a protective barrier...desiten didnt work for me
my son has had the same problem, nothing i tried worked and he was so uncomfortable. but my husbands grandmother told me to put pure corn starch on him and it made it feel more comfortable because it's kind of silky so then he was able to sit and it also helped the diaper rash go away! hope this helps!!
The rashes in the area during diarrhoea is not a diaper related it is due to viral infection from the stool, you need to visit a doctor and start antibiotics and the doctor will prescribe a pediatric ointment for the child. It is contagious so wash clothes in hot water.





Please read the following


Viral skin rashes are acute outbreaks of a red rash on the body. The rash is part of a general viral infection. In the past rashes in children were commonly due to the three illnesses - rubella virus (German Measles), measles virus and scarlet fever (a bacterial infection). With the advent of immunisation, rashes are usually result from infection with other organisms - usually viruses.





What are the effects in children? The rashes described below are usually mild and do not cause any distress to the child. The rashes usually last for a few days only, before disappearing without any ill effects. The child may feel unwell, have a fever, show a lack of interest in normal activity and suffer a loss of energy. Sometimes the child may will diarrhoea and a runny nose. In healthy child complications (ear infection, chest infection etc.) are rare. Most child will continue with normal activities.





Is the illness contagious? These viruses are mildly comtagious. They occur in outbreaks in schools and childcare groups and in other family members. The virus are mostly spread by close person to person contact by breathing, coughing and sneezing.
It sounds like you need to treat that diarrehea first!





As for the diaper rash, have you ever heard of Melaleuca? It's a health and wellness company. They have a fantastic lotion called Renew. It is good for rashes, eczema, dry skin etc. If you want to know more email me. You can also visit their website at www.melaleuca.com for that and other health and wellness products, including the most fantastic vitamins in the world! They have a very mild laundry detergent. No phosphates or other harsh chemicals! Harsh detergents can aggravate diaper rashes even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment