Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is it ok to put diaper rash cream on a baby every night?

I put diaper rash cream on my baby every night since he was born so it could help pervent diaper rash. is that normal? should i just be using it if the baby has a rash or should i contintue doing what i am doing? thanks!!Is it ok to put diaper rash cream on a baby every night?
It probably won't hurt to put it on every night but there is no need to unless your baby has a diaper rash. My baby never had a diaper rash, I never put any diaper rash cream on her, she is just fineIs it ok to put diaper rash cream on a baby every night?
My doctor said it is fine to use A%26amp;D every day (the kind with zinc). Just make sure the baby's skin is totally dry before you put it on.
Diaper rash is not a normal condition. If your baby develops a rash rather than masking it with petroleum based creams, you are best to determine the cause of the rash and eliminate the source.
that would seem to me like over kill ,similar to placing too much chlorine in a pool ...... I would think that YES it is probably VERY harmful if you look at the chemical composition of the skin that needs beneficial bacteria,oxygen etc .... what does the packaging say about how often to apply to skin and possible side effects ..... etc .....





too much of anything can be harmful ....
The directions on that stuff say ' For the treatment and prevention of diaper rash'.





I always put it on kids to prevent them from getting it. It really helps if the kids are ever on meds that cause diarrhea (most antibiotics). We just used a little more. But, you should maybe ask your child's pediatrician if you are worried. I was told to 'Desitin away' but not everyone feels that way. :)
I wouldn't. Just like with anything, if you use it too much, it won't work when you need it to. I would use a little cornstarch or baby powder (and cover his nose while you do it) instead. That can be used daily, and wards off diaper rash.
Some parents use it all the time.





Unless your baby is prone to rashes I wouldnt use it all the time. We absorb things through our skin, and unless its a straight lanolin cream your baby is absorbing petrolium.





Thats just my personal practice, but like I said, each parent is different. Iam sure no child ever ailed from being slathered.
It is good at preventing rash as well as treating it. Keep doing it if you like as long as it is the Over the counter stuff and not prescription.
When my two kids were babies, my son had no diaper rash, but my daughter had it real bad, so, I didn't apply any on my son unless he had a momentary flare-up, but my poor daughter had it so bad that we tried so many different things and finally discovered ';A %26amp; D cream'; and it worked wonderfully. She was so sensitive that we needed to apply it dang near every day, after each diaper change. I'm glad, for her sake, that she eventually got potty trained and no longer had the diaper rash so bad. My kids are 22 and 23 years old now, but I remember her rash easily because the poor girl had it so bad. I wouldn't apply anything until your baby shows the need. God Bless you.
Diaper rash cream is perfectly ok to use every night. At night, the baby's skin is exposed to wetness longer and creates the perfect conditions for developing a rash. Using A%26amp;D cream or Desitin is the way to prevent a rash from occurring. You specifically state that you do this every night and so I wouldn't worry about the skin ';breathing'; or anything. Your baby is cream free all day and that is fine.





It is far preferable to have a doctor approved anti-rash cream on your child' skin than urine!





I raised 2 children and used Desitin every night. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with doing so.
Just use it when there is a rash present, and maybe a day or two afterwards to make sure its gone. Every night when there is no rash is not necessary. Your baby will have a happy butt in no time ! =)
try this home remedy. It works very well. mix corn starch and vasoline together and apply that. you'll see the inprovement overnight. we call it ';Mircle Whip';
There's not likely to be any harm in it, but you might as well stop and see what happens...





Nothing? Probably nothing. Shelve it for when a rash actually does show up.
You should be putting cream on your son during ever diaper change.





When we first brought my daughter home we were not using anything (especially baby powder), on her and she developed a nasty diaper rash. So now she is six weeks old and we use bagbalm. It is used for cow teats, but works great for curing diaper rash quickly, as well as craddle cap (it spread to her forehead). The only time we do not use the bagbalm is right after her bath as her little bottom is moist and it doesn't need that extra moisture.
I put it on my daughter every night. she has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks old and that is a long time in a wet diaper.........I don't always put it on after a wet change.........But always at night and after every poop.
You could try babyNOrash!


Is a NATURAL remedy for baby skin,is really affordable and it works! http://www.bandak.com/index_sergio.html
If it's a medicated cream, you probably shouldn't use it daily, but an ordinary cream (eg zinc and castor oil) is fine to use as often as you feel is necessary.
If he doesn't have a rash i wouldn't use it. I only use it if my son gets a rash. But I don't think it would hurt.
I wouldn't put it on EVERY night.


If you are changing his diaper frequently he shouldn't have a problem with diaper rash. (Some babeis ARE just more prone to it though)


You can use vaseline as well, just to create a ';barrier.';





I don't *think* it will hurt anything. But as I said I wouldn't do it every night, just seems unnessecary.
I use cornstarch!

No comments:

Post a Comment