Friday, December 18, 2009

My baby has really bad nappy rash, which cream is better; Sudocrem or Bepanthen?

I have read a lot of the advice already, and these appear to be the two best locally available options.My baby has really bad nappy rash, which cream is better; Sudocrem or Bepanthen?
I didn't get on with either of them when my son was younger. The best I found was Boots own Zinc and Castor oil. It is very cheap (compared to leading brands) but worked within hours of putting it on my sons bottom.My baby has really bad nappy rash, which cream is better; Sudocrem or Bepanthen?
I use Curash cream. It contains more zinc (which will help to heal the nappy rash) and is cheaper. If the rash is not starting to improve within a day or two it is most likely not just a nappy rash and it is fungal. You can put some antifungal cream on it (the same cream you use if you had thrush ie: canesten) It will not affect the babies skin if you use this cream and if it is fungal then it will improve within a day. But if your baby is prone to getting a rash then you must use a barrier cream such as the curash or sudocrem with every napy change to form a barrier between the urine and the bottom. Hope this helps. Someone on here has said that canesten is only for thrush. But what happens when a baby has nappy rash and the skin is mosit and broken????? Candida (Thrush)
I personally like Sudocrem, I found this helped my son with any nappy rash the best. But each baby is different, some people will say one cream but other mum's found that another cream was more effective.





The best thing to do is just try one out, see how it goes. If it helps, great, but if not then maybe another would be worth a go. I lost count of how many creams I tried, some store own ones, some really expensive ones too. Some worked fine for a while, then I had to use another. Some were totally useless (the really expensive one was as much use as cheese spread, for instance).





Also, it is good to leave a nappy off to let air around for a while. Just put your baby on a towel and let them go without a nappy for a while.
they are both good but the best thing you can do is lay a towel on changing mat and leave her nappy off for an hour i used to do this every night before there baths it clears the rash quickly and is a lot cheaper:) i would would use a barier cream through the day though if shes bad.. I also switched to real nappys both mine couldnt handle the disposable ones the got a rash each time they wore them.. try also to change them more often than normal evry2 hours at least this way nothing stays against the skin for long enough.
my baby had a rash for the past 3 days for the first time since he was born 17 months now and its the worst ever my goodness his skin is peeling and everything


every nappy change i use the other one so one sudocream and one bepanthen but when i put it on i put a decent amount because he is going through so much but i think the sudocream was more effective.. not sure though cuz ive been doing both





~MeL~
no cream is better than the amazing fresh air lol. When my baby had nappy rash when he was just a few weeks old i put cream on and it done nothing really.Instead i just let him roll around without a nappy on for five minutes or so and it vanished. Now nearly 6months old i still give him a couple of minutes at every nappy change and he has never had it since that day and after i stopped creams and used the air to dry it it was gone within 2days.
bepanthen just seemed to lock in more moisture for me..my little girl had nappy rash appear about 3days ago i used sudocrem and literaly overnight it had cleared up..just make sure you let plenty of air get to the bum and when you put the cream on makesure bum is as dry as poss,also change nappy perhaps every hour...even at night..good luck
I liked Sudo %26amp; my bestie likes Bepanthen.


It is more touch and go. Sometimes, what works with one child, doesn't work as well with another baby.





I take it your from Australia? They are the leading rash creams here.


There is a cream called Happy Baby, I buy it at Amcal. It is brilliant, due to my son's allergies I have to be careful what I use. It is more expensive though.
Personally I wouldn't use either. You need to be careful what chemicals you apply to a babies thin and delicate skin. I use Green Peoples Sooth and Calm Baby Balm, which clears any soreness up over night. But preventative measures are the best way- lots of naked time, changing nappies frequently, and using chemical free wipes :)
Canesten is for when your baby has thrush. The best thing is to leave the baby with no nappy on for as long as possible.





I found the best cream to be metanium, but I think all baby's are different and react differently to different lotions and potions.
Sudocrem FOR nappy rash.





But to PREVENT nappy rash there is this cream from mothercare called little softies zinc and caster oil cream and it work wonders!





http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00鈥?/a>
Definately Bepanthen,it cleared my babies nappy rash in 2 days,sudocrem is o.k for mild doses,but when its bad you need something stronger,also leaving the nappy off for a while each day helps.
I found Sudocrem to be good for the bottom but with a nappy rash at the front I found Metanium to be very good. Its a thick yellow cream for babies and it's brilliant.
sudocrem,





but i left the nappies off in the summer, hence, no rash. (need a lot of towels though!)
Try canesten.. really works..
sudocrem
Sudocream
Bepanthen all the way!!!
its a personal choice try both and see what works best for your baby. we use sudocrem i find its not as oily
ive tried both and def bepanthen. my daughter only ever gets very mild nappy rash and its always gone by the next day

No comments:

Post a Comment