Friday, December 18, 2009

My dog pulled open a drawer, and ate a bottle of desitin(diaper rash cream)...?

He threw up but seems fine now. Will he be ok? or should I go ahead and contact the vet?My dog pulled open a drawer, and ate a bottle of desitin(diaper rash cream)...?
You should contact the vet just to make sure. If you can't reach him or her try this number Animal Poison Control-1-888-426-4435.My dog pulled open a drawer, and ate a bottle of desitin(diaper rash cream)...?
The vet might tell you over the phone. My friends dog once ate my chocolate bar with the tin foil wrapper. The vet told me what to give him over the phone to make him throw it up. I say call the vet. Better safe than sorry with your little guy.
I thought it was bad mine eats tubes of neosporin. Ihave to hide it and make sure it doesn't lay out anywhere.





I have to hide bread from the cat





If he threw up he sould be okay. It does have zinc which is mostly what made him puke. I would make sure he eats drinks and poops okay. Don't get too alarmed if poo isn't looking right. It may not for a bit but make sure it passes and clears up.
Contact the vet! He may seem fine, but that doesn't mean that he is.
Call your vet. The vet can tell you if there are any signs you should be looking for, or if desitin has any components that are especially toxic to dogs. Most likely, your dog will be fine, but call the vet anyway. Better safe than sorry.
He'll be okay, just keep an eye on him for a day or two for any side effects.
Well, 1st u should read on the bottle what the desitin contains and if u c something on there your dog is alergic 2 or something,well then call the vet. I would call the vet n e way though just 2 b safe. Also, if u notice your dog has diarea or something, i would also call the vet.
Contains Cod Liver oil. May cause diarrhea!!!!!!!!!!!!
He will most likely be just fine, but I would go ahead and call the vet just to see if they have any recommendations or precautions that you need to take.
I would at least call the vet....they will be able to give you a list of things to watch for....

No comments:

Post a Comment