Friday, December 18, 2009

What brand of diaper rash cream works best?? No negativity please?

My sons bottom is sore to the point of bleeding from going poop so much. Also should I call the doctor or wait a few days? It just starting bleeding this morning when I changed him. Please no negativity. He is 10 months old. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all and just move on. ThanksWhat brand of diaper rash cream works best?? No negativity please?
Balmex and Desitin both work fairly well. The nurse in our childbirth class told us that if your baby has a diaper rash try taking their diaper off them and laying them in the crib on some towels and just let some air get at it. You might also want to stop using wipes for a few days (just dry cloths) because the chemicals in the wipes can be even more iritating to a rash. Good luck!What brand of diaper rash cream works best?? No negativity please?
Burt's Bees, Balmex and California baby all work great. I'd call the doctor anyway because he shouldn't have a bleeding rash from going poop a lot. Maybe it's the wipes? Too rough wipes or maybe they have alcohol in them or fragrance?
My fav is Butt Putty. It's what our doc recommended also. It really works wonders! And for the severe bottom (like your talking about) I always coated the bottom with the Putty and then covered that with Petroleum Jelly. (helps keep the putty on longer) This stuff is thick and hard to clean back off, but it's well worth it! It also used to be about $7/tube (like 2 years ago in TN) but it's well worth any asking price. Here is a link to the web site that tells about it, and I think you can order from there too.... www.buttpaste.com .





As long as the bleeding is from sores and not from his bowels then you shouldn't need to visit the doc's office. However if the sores fester or continue to get worse then you'd need to visit to get antibiotics for them. With the feces getting in and on the sores... that's where the concern would come in. However, if you are sufficiently coating the bottom with the ointment and jelly, and changing him as soon as he poos then you shouldn't have anything to worry about in that regard either.





Good luck and God Bless!
You can either let his bottom air out or you can put Vaseline on his bottom every time you change him. My daughter had a diaper rash when she was 2 months and never had one since than. Because I put Vaseline on her bottom every time I change her.
Here's how I cured a bleeding, oozing diaper rash for good:





Naked time: as much as you can stand.





Lanolin as a moisture guard overnight.





Baking soda baths.





Lose the commercial wipes. Even the ones that say they're gentle aren't. Don't even use the home preparations that use Johnson's baby wash and baby oil or whatever--that stuff is really harsh too. Use plain water on a washcloth, with some essential oil or salts if you want to get fancy. You can even try witch hazel. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good to me!





Corn starch will help dry it out.





Switch to chlorine free disposables, or, better yet, switch to cloth. Diaper rash was a thing of the past once I switched to cloth diapers. While using disposables, diaper rash was a CONSTANT battle. If you won't switch to cloth, then use chlorine free disposables like Seventh Generation. The chlorine and fragrances in ';regular'; disposables are irritating.





Don't use any artificially fragranced bath stuff--no Johnson's, no Baby Magic, no Target brand anything! It's all very irritating to those of use with sensitive skin. Try Burt's Bees, California Baby, Dr Bronner's or just bathing with plain water most of the time. Really, it makes a huge difference!





If you think that the rash has gone to yeast, then look into using grapefruit seed oil to clear it up.





Good luck. I've been there. It will get better.
Poor little guy =(





Has he had a diet change to make him poop so much...sometimes even a diet change will make their poop/pee more irritating to skin.





If I were you, I would call Dr. and ask about maybe a prescription cream, but for insta relief put on some desitin overnight (generic is okay)





When my little one got red, I would let her lay on a towel and moisten the area and blow on it. Let air get to it.
Plain old nursery gel aka vaseline worked for my daughter and using a lot of pure cornstarch baby powder. Try giving him some bananas to help stop the poo. When my daughter had bad diaper rash, I wouldn't use wipes, and I would just give her a quick warm bath to get all the poo off so I wouldn't have to really touch the sore bottom. Good luck!
If his bottom is bleeding I would call the doctor... there is some kind of an ointment that you can use to make him heal and feel better....the doctor should prescribe it for you.. don't worry this happens all the time... you are a good mom... no one should be mean when you ask something like this...keep up the good work...
Yes, I would call the doctor if his bottom is almost bleeding. He needs to prescribe him something that will ease the pain and heal the diaper rash.





My suggestion for future reference and preventative care: Use ';Butt Paste'; cream. I use this on my 6 month old and she has never had a diaper rash. Even if you use it 1x a day, it helps. I use it when she goes to bed at night and once in the a.m. If she even gets a little red, it's usually gone within a few hours.





Remember, that a lot of babies end up in the hospital because of diaper rash infections. Please call your doctor so he can be seen. Good Luck
I had used mostly for my son diaper rashes for Aveeno or I think there one kind but can't remember. But your son would need a better one like the doctor can prescribe a medicine cream that would get rid of it since it bleeding. Aveeno would do good till you doctor would prescribe it. I hope your son feel better soon down there it must has to hurt.
triple paste..its a little on the pricey side but it works!!





it kind of reminds me of marsh-mellow fluff (the texture)





you can get it at walmart!
I have found that Boudreaux鈥檚 Butt Paste庐 works the best! You can find it at most any store like Target, Wal-Mart, etc. It is a little on the pricey side, but definitely worth it. Also, if it doesn't get better, just call the doctor. They will usually prescribe a stronger one.
The best thing I have found for diaper rash that is to the point of bleeding is triple anti-biotic ointment. It should clear up in a day or two. If it doesn't clear up in a few days I would call the doctor. Sometimes the formula or certain foods can trigger that reaction if you have given your baby any new foods in the past few days you may want to hold off on trying them until he is a little older and can tolerate them better.
Try to leave him diaper free as long as you can. I know this is harder w/ a mobile baby! Make sure when you diaper him he is totally dry. We use A%26amp;D ointment and it works for our daughter. Also, we use wet washcloths when her bum is raw, it seems to be better than using wipes (not sure why)
My daughter had really bad diaper rash just the same I used Triple Paste and it cleared up in 2 days. You can get it at Wal-Mart. If it doesn't help you need to let the Dr. know something else could be causing it. I wish you luck I know how you feel. I remember thinking it was something I did, but it's not and it will clear up so hang in there.
I have tried ALL the brands and Desitin works the BEST by far. Also, if it's that bad, use Cod Liver Oil. It's a natural alternativeand works like a CHARM on diaper rash.
If it's bleeding, don't put diaper cream on it. It often makes it worse. Spread a light layer of Polysporin on it. Let him go diaperless as much as possible. I know it's messy but fresh air is the best way to treat and prevent diaper rash. I try to give my boy at least 1/2 hour of diaper free time a day right from when he was born.





When the open sores are closed up, it's ok to use diaper cream again. I like Sudocream but every baby and every mom is different, you'll just have to try them out until you find the one that works.





Good Luck!
For us Desitin works best, and if you can, try to take the diaper off at home as much as you can, so it will get some air. Also, when you give him a bath, don`t use any soap for now, only plain water. He will get better, but if not I would call the doctor next week, to get a prescription butt cleam.
Butt Paste works very well.
You should be very careful because it might have an infection with a fungus. If he does, then your doctor might prescribe you a fungus cream called Nystatin. Go to your doctor and get it checked out because it can be very painful, the same thing happened to my daughter. Then, if it starts to get a little red after healing, buy some Desitin cream and use it after diaper changes but not all the time. You can find it at Walgreens, CVS, Target, etc.
Dr. Smith's at Walgreens I have used Butt Paste however, it made the rash seem more red. When your baby gets over the rash, look for Aromatic Algae. Its a seaweed spray that helps prevent diaper rashes. It works wonders! However, you can only use that once the rash is gone! But Dr, Smiths is GREAT
either Aveeno or panateen (sp) work almost the very first day for me. you should go to the doctor though, that sounds pretty bad. try giving him an oatmeal bath, that could soothe it some
We use Balmex, and it clears up diaper rash pretty quickly :)
Try googling organic diaper ointment. It is the best, but since you obviously need it now, you can't go wrong with desitin or bourdreaux butt paste. I would also try mixing half hydrocortizone cream with half vaseline. It works great too!! Poor little butt. i hope it gets better soon.
a friend mine took her baby to the ER for the same thing, and they told her to put CRISCO (lard) from the baking aisle on his butt and it helps keep the moisture off his butt from the diaper but the natural moisture in..





also if you can give him some yogurt everyone it help with acid in his stomach making his butt red and burn
i wud definatly contact a doctor if its bleeding and they will put your mind at ease and prob suggest a nappy rash cream. i used metanium cream on my kids and its great, bepanthen is also good. try and leave your baby nappy-less for as long as you can and when you clean his bottom use cotton wool and warm water and pat dry, dont use baby wipes. good luck hope it passes

No comments:

Post a Comment