Friday, December 18, 2009

What does it mean if i get a rash from acne cream?

Okay. I have this perscription acne cream that my aunt got for me. It IS perscription and VERY strong. I used it about 3 times and the 3rd time My face by my eye (where the bottom of glasses would sit if i wore them) got really red and rashy. Now it is scaly and hard. Nasty!





How do i get rid of it?What does it mean if i get a rash from acne cream?
My skin did something similar years ago when I used retinol cream incorrectly. I applied it a few times a day, when I should have only applied it once a day or even every other day. It sounds like if your aunt got the prescription for you, it was not actually prescribed for YOU but her. I would get a light oil free moisturizer and apply it at the scaly site a few times a day. I wouldn't scrub at it to hard or you might irritate it worse, just wait it out as it shouldn't last but a few days. Unless of course, you've burned your skin chemically in which case you might want to check with a doctor.What does it mean if i get a rash from acne cream?
discontinue use. maybe its too strong for you and you have sensitive skin, or its really drying out your skin bad. if you do want to continue using, use it less often.
  • symphony
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment