Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is the best diaper rash cream for my 9month old son?

My 9 month old son has a really bad diaper rashand i have been reading past questions about it and most them say that Yeast infection creams work great, but all of them relate to girls, can i try that cream for my son, PLEASE HELP!What is the best diaper rash cream for my 9month old son?
For a yeast infection, the best thing is something called Grapefruit Seed Extract. You buy it in super concentrated drops and mix it with water in a spray bottle and spray it on his bottom after every diaper change. Make sure it's dry before you but his diaper back on. We also use a cornstarch powder to absorb any extra moisture. Stay away from zinc creams obviously, as they keep the area moist which harbours yeast.


The other thing we use is probiotics. Yeast infections develop when the bacteria in their bodies is unbalanced, and acidopholus (probiotic) is a ';friendly'; bacteria that helps to re-establish the balance. You can buy it especially for babies, the one we use is called Udo's choice Infant Blend. We mix 1/2 teaspoon in her milk twice a day.


Good luck.What is the best diaper rash cream for my 9month old son?
There is a possibility that your son has a fungus this would take longer to clear up, you should see a doctor if you think this may be the case as a normal rash treatment used on a fungus type rash could make it worse. When my daughter was a baby she had a rash that would not clear up and this is what the doctor told me, he prescribed an anti fungal cream which cleared it up in a matter of days. In the absence of a fungus I found lanolin based products very good, and also use a barrier cream, even when the baby is rash free to provide protection. Good luck, it's so hard to see them in pain !!! :)
No No No, don't use yeast creams for his diaper rash, they are too harsh for your baby's skin. Use Desitin. It has been around for many many many years and there is a very good reason for that. It works great and protects his very delicate skin from moisture so the rash can dry up. It is stinky, and you do have to wash your hands well after applying it, but it truly is the very best. All clinics and Dr.'s recommend it.
Funny someone just asked me this a few minutes ago.





There's this stuff called Triple Paste. It's non-prescription but behind the counter at the pharmacy. It's the best. Overnight the rash is gone. I don't know why it's not as widely known as products like desitin, etc. It is so amazing. I never found there to be an immediate relief w/ Desitin.





I recommend using those plastic doctor gloves when applying. It has a greasy texture to it that's hard to wash off. (P.S. A little goes a long way.)





I've even used it on them post-baby age. It doesn't expire until forever and, for example, my 9 year old son if he has a bad cold and is on cold meds for a few days, well he gets those wet farts. I don't always hear about that right away because he's embarassed. If he gets a rash afterwards I use Triple Paste and voila, the pain is gone immediately and the rash is gone by morning.
I would try to find a natural cream, not sure about the yeast infection cream theory. A lot of creams these days actually make things worse because people react the the ingredients in them, that's why I'd go for a product made with natural ingredients. Try Lucas Paw Paw Ointment, it's excellent stuff.
I like Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It's a little more expensive than Desitin, but I think it works better.





I wouldn't use yeast infection creams though as they're made for yeast infections and not diaper rash. That's just me though.
It call butt paste.It great. You can find it wal-mart





http://www.nextag.com/butt-paste
Yes, you can try those creams for your son.





But have you tried just good old A %26amp; D ointment? Or pure cornstarch mixed with breastmilk (if your nursing)? Both of those worked best for our daughter.
I was using Desitin and Butt Paste with my daughter, but they didnt seem to help her as much as Baby Vaseline, and Corn Starch.
Corn starch worked better than any kind of diaper rash cream or powder for my daughter, and you can use that on girls or boys...clears it right up.
Desitin clear multi purpose works wonders.
Desitin has a wide range of products. They always worked for my children.
I love, love, love Burt's Bees.
  • symphony
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment