Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is the best diaper rash cream to use on your baby?

my 15 month old has a bad rash from her having diarrea, i use balmex but it dosent always work good. its really hard to change her because shes so raw.What is the best diaper rash cream to use on your baby?
Hmmm,my daughter had the same problem.We used balmex too,but the doctor looked at it and perscribed some cream that worked within a day or so literaly.It is.....';nystatin ointment';. It clears up the area that the bacteria has put on there and keeps it away for awhile.What is the best diaper rash cream to use on your baby?
it's works on my 2 week daughter but once it cleared up i stop using it and it came back Report Abuse

Johnson and Johnson -- no more rash
Balmex
Boudreaux's Butt Paste is very good but it sounds like your little one may have some yeast going on. A pediatrician told me to use a mixture of one part hydrocortisone cream to one part lotrisome cream twice daily in addtion to butt cream for a week


Always best to consult MD if extremely raw
well there is this yellow tube you find at the feed store that is very good for it it's called Corona Lanolin rich antiseptic ointment, yea sounds weird but it really works, or there is Dr Smith's ointment
Anything with zinc oxide
use sandpaper and rubbing alcohol
our daughter was allergic to desitin


so we used nesporin and monastat 7
desitin
SUPER DOOPER DIAPER DOO. IT WORKED GREAT ON MY TWO KIDS
Have you tried A%26amp;D ointment? If the rash is red and raw please don't use corn starch or baby powder. This will just cake and be very hard to wash off.
Resonal ( I think thats how its spelled).... my charge nurse told me about it when my baby had a bad rash. I tried everything and it wouldn't go away.... after I used the resonal it was gone in a day or two. You will have to ask the Pharmisist for it. It is over the counter but they usually keep it behind the counter. Its awsome!
Balmex always worked best for me. The A %26amp; D ointment works pretty good too. Don't get the creamy kind, get the thick ointment.


There is also one called Bordeaux's Butt Paste that's pretty good.





Also, do NOT use baby wipes if your child has a bad rash, they make it worse. Just use wet clothes or tissues until the rash is healed. You will see an improvement after you discontinue the baby wipes.
Resinol - Tropical Analgesic/Skin Protectant. I swear this is the best stuff for a sore butt. My mom used it with me, and i use it with my kids and myself. Wal-mart or CVS has it. It works, works, and works. No more sore tushie.
put kid up for adoption = PROBLEM SOLVED
';Gold Bond'; makes a great one. It's very sootheing and it works great. Also powder your lil angel when changing the diaper. Good luck.
a weird thing to try... it worked for us anyways.





pepto bismol!





think about what it does, and how it soothes... then it won't sound as bad. t
A and D Ointment. It always works for me....
I always liked A %26amp; D ointment. It worked really good. I know it is difficult, but if you can corral your child and let her run around without a diaper for a while, that helps too. The rash needs to dry out if possible. But the A %26amp; D ointment should help a lot.
aloft
A%26amp;D ointment


was used on generations of babies in my family and is also used by the adults for various skin irritations and even to heal a tattoo..


The stuf is easy to find, priced god , and has been used for many many many years..


Sometimes the originals are always the best.
The best rash remedy is corn starch and wash pretty good the area.
This worked wonders





http://www.pinxav.com/
Desitin (creamy with aloe) clears it up over night for my daughter but she's never really had it real bad. I also heard that Walmart carries some called ';Butt Paste'; that works really well too.
If the diarrhea has stop let her go with out a diaper for 20 minutes or so between changes. The air will help her heal.
Butt Paste, you can get it at Walmart. Let her air out when she naps. Give bath each time she BM in warm water without soaps that can irritate. Use Cornstarch on bottom.
ad
Bepanthen
desitan
the best there is if you want it to go away is Snow Balm. my daughter used to get it bad too. i have never used anything else. It works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment