Friday, December 18, 2009

What's the best diaper rash cream out there?

And is it a good idea to avoid anything with a smell? to me, I can't help but picture anything with a fragrance stinging on a diaper rash. But it's hard to tell because all the products seem to be sealed in the store.





What do you like?





Optional: is it necessary to use a ';barrier'; cream at every change?





I'm due in 3 weeks, first baby, a girl. :)What's the best diaper rash cream out there?
i tried desitin...but it seems it doesn't work for my baby rashes...


my sister recomend a vaseline for baby, really it works...very effective..


i used it every after i change a diaper...but now, only once, since the rashes is gone... im still using it, so that my baby's butt will not dry at all...just try it for ur baby, hope it will effect too...good luck!What's the best diaper rash cream out there?
It's not necessary to use barrier cream at every change no. If you change baby often, they shouldn't have too much problem with redness.





I found the best nappy cream to be one by Burts Bees. It's got loads of natural oils in it, and it literally took one application to clear any redness on my daughters bottom. I also found it stayed on even after she'd wet her nappy, where others had washed away. It does smell, but it definitely doesn't sting, and the nice smell is a welcome change to poop smell!
I use bepanthen, its a barrier cram which also helps nappy rash I only used it when my sons bum was looking a bit red or if he had diareah. I tried to use as little products as possible on his skin when he was a baby, its handy to have just in case, but you will probably find you wont need to use it much if you are using good nappies and change her regularily.
Definitely be careful with this! The nurses at the hospital were putting Desitin on my baby when she was born and it was giving her a rash.





Honestly, your baby shouldn't have diaper rash, it is not a natural part of being a baby! It has only become a challenge since disposable diapers became the norm! Change diapers regularly, cloth diapers will do wonders and if you have to use something (my baby gets rashes only when teething) then go for something lighter and more natural. We use Dimpleskins Bum Bum Balm (Canadian Made YAY!) and also Burt's Bees Baby Bee (this can be harder to find here in Canada).





http://www.dimpleskinsnaturals.com/


http://global.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/s鈥?/a>





Barrier creams are NOT required at all, let alone with every change. Let your baby's bottom breathe :)
First, congratulations and good luck with your baby girl!


Secondly, I use Desitin on my daughter when she gets a diaper rash. The rash goes a way very quickly! I also use A%26amp;D ointment during diaper changes, which reduce the risk of getting a diaper rash.
I have had two sensitive skinned babies and tried everything but the best would have to be ';Butt past'; lol. I know the name is funny but it really works very well and it actually smells nice but it's natural. I believe it has beeswax in it and trust me it's better than desitin
well i used desitin and it didnt seem to help. Then my aunty told me to use BABY POWDER that has PURE CORNSTARCH in it. First time i used i already saw a difference with the next diaper change! it works!!!! mother of 5 week old babygirl=)
Here is a website from the American Academy of Pediatrics, you can't beat that:


http://www.aap.org/publiced/BR_DiaperRash.htm
Desitin, the copious amount of zinc oxide works wonders.
Desitin
desitin (oldie but goodie) no smell, works well


eucerin works wonders as well
bepanthem
desitin
i would say sudocrem thats what i use on my daughter n my mum used on me ha ha


xxx
bepanthen is the best, it works wonders. congrats on your baby girl!!
bepanthen for sure
Desitin..best one out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment