Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Which is better vasoline or diaper rash cream?

What do you think works better vasoline w/powder or white diaper rash cream? Also, does it matter how thick you put either one on your baby or should you just apply a thin layer and try to rub it in really well. Sorry if the last question sounded weird I am just curious on how other people do it. I use vasoline and I PACK in on my baby's buttom and then I sprinkle some powder. Answers greatly appreciated!Which is better vasoline or diaper rash cream?
My childbirth teacher/nurse said not to use vaseline. Every diaper change put some A%26amp;D ointment on the bottom. This will help prevent diaper rash, but if there is diaper rash... use desitinWhich is better vasoline or diaper rash cream?
My doctor says they are the same except that diaper creme costs more money. And, powder can be harmful for baby to inhale, I believe. I threw mine out.





Good luck :)
Actually try Udder Balm that they put on comws teets it works wonderful. Just slather it on.
Anything with Zinc in it works good. When I need to use it on my boys I use the white diaper rash cream. Whatever works good for u %26amp; u'r baby...everyone has something different they use and works best for them.
If you can get it, Bepanthen is a great nappy rash product. Its good to put powder in all the little folds on the legs because it is meant to absorb the wetness to prevent nappy rash. I put bepanthen on, only a little bit enough to cover the necessary parts and then powder on the other areas. If you put cream and then powder the powder will absorb the cream and then not do it job! Hope that made sense.
Diaper rash cream works better, I wouldn't use vaseline, it would probably irritate that area more. I would use aveeno diaper rash cream. Putting baby powder will only make it worser. I just wouldn't use vaseline for a diaper rash at all. You can also ask your docotor for a mild over the counter hydrocortizone. Some ways to prevent a diaper rash is:





*Change diapers frequently


*Use unscented wipes


*make sure skin is fully dry before putting on a clean diaper.
I use A and D ointment to prevent diaper rash.. My son is 6 months and sleeps almost 9 hours through the night..so Diaper rash prevention is a must..A and D has worked great so far. No diaper rashes at all.. not even the slightest red. I don't use diaper rash cream as a prevention because I don't feel that its a barrier..the Ointment is greasy and seems to work much better..if your talk about treating diaper rash..I heard butt paste works well..And when it comes to the ointment..I put just a thin layer on..





good luck
Desitin, tried and proven, and no it does not matter how thick but you only need a little, to do the trick. REMEMBER DESITIN!!!!
Does the baby even have a diaper rash ?? I would use A+D ointment or the Butt Paste, both are great. I wouldnt erally use vasoline with powder. And dont rub it in. Then there isnt much substance to even protect the skin since its all rubbed in. Just put a nice coat on and diaper then back up. Hope this helps some.

No comments:

Post a Comment