Saturday, December 26, 2009

Diaper rash.. baby powder vs. diaper rash cream..?

My daughter has a diaper rash right now.. I have always used diaper rash cream for all her diaper rashes. Recently I was talking to a friend and she said she uses baby powder and it works real well.


I was told not to use baby powder, but told her I was willing to try it, but never have.


Anyways, do you prefer baby powder or diaper rash cream for diaper rashes?Diaper rash.. baby powder vs. diaper rash cream..?
It's recommended not to use baby powder with Talc (it's a carcinogen) in it, which unfortunately is still used in most baby powders.


It's fine to use corn starch baby powder (although corn starch from the bakers aisle is the same thing %26amp; costs less). But it's better when used as a preventative measure, not a rash cure on it's own.





For diaper rashes (or redness), I smooth on some Mylanta (liquid antacid) and then coat it generously with corn starch. Works like a charm!Diaper rash.. baby powder vs. diaper rash cream..?
No problem Jess! I hope Ava's bum clears up quickly :) Report Abuse

i used baby powder from day one with my twins,,,i NEVER had diaper rash with either one of them in all the years we were in diapers. they say not to use powder because of the ';poof'; of powder that the baby might inhale. to deal with that put the powder in your hand and then wipe on the baby. i was also told that the cornstarch version of it is a bit safer than the talc. i swore by the powder and i am glad i did.


if she has the rash now,,,use a clean warm washcloth to clean her, sometimes the wipes can be a bit harsh on it. just plain old warm water is best, be sure she is good and dry, you might want to use a thin layer of vasoline to help heal her now and you can put your powder on top of that. after you get the rash healed,,,start with the powder at every change. dont know if it is medically proven to prevent it or not,,but for me i swear by it.
I would use diaper rash cream.





When my baby has a rash, I let her kick-around with a bare bottom, and that usually helps. I make sure that her skin is nice and dry before putting a clean diaper back on. You can try this too if you like.





THE REASON WHY IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE POWDER: The powder gets into the air that your baby breathes... and then the powder gets into their lungs, and that's just not a good thing...
my daughter had it bad. i refuse to use powder. bepanthen cream works well and try let her go without a nappy for a while. if using disposables, don't get the cheap plastic covered ones because they don't breath. a home remedy that works well is making a paste of cornflour and water. it dries it out well and my nana even used it on her kids. she had 13 of them.
When my son looks like he's getting a little bit of nappy rash I put powder on him, but when I know he's got nappy rash and it seems bad i use the cream, they both work really well for me so...


i think it's just personal choice really.
well, i've always used baby powder during regular diaper changes, but have used diaper rash cream on actual diaper rashes... thats what they are made for. Powder simply takes the moister out of babys skin after a wet diaper to prevent a rash.
My son is 18 1/2 months old and I do not own a bottle of baby powder...I use buttpaste and let him ';air dry'; when he has a rash...I have never used it on him and probably won't ever buy some...I was told not to use it also...
Hi,


I believe no creams can do miracles if your baby is subject to rash. Try to switch to cloth diapers. I use NapNappy diapers and my baby never had a nappy rash.
I dont use either one. With my niece we use balmex and it made her rashes worse. So we switched to corn starch it is what my great grannie used, and it cleared the rash up in a day.
DIAPER RASH CREAM.





It contains zinc oxide which is a great skin barrier and protectant. Desitin Cream and all diaper cream rashes have zinc oxide as the main ingredient.
I've always used Desitin Cream on all 3 of my kids and it seemed to always work they rarely got a diaper rash always used baby powder.
corn startch baby powder and triple antibioic ointment works great Hunter had a really bad rash and it was cleared up in a day
I use A %26amp; D ointment it has always worked wonders on my twins I have tried baby powder in the past and both of my girls got yeast infections!! It was awful so A %26amp; D all the way for me!!
i use triple paste cream, never heard of using powder to heal a rash....if her rash is bad ask her pediatrician to prescribe Vusion ointment, works well
Balmex has always worked wonders for us. But I prefer cornstarch over baby powder. Keeps their tushies drier and clumps less.
corn starch is the best one to use wen your baby has a dipper rash; i always use it wen my baby has a dipper rash
I use both. Use the powder first
i always use cream....


haven't tried powder...cream always works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment