Thursday, December 31, 2009

Do I want to put cream on a heat rash ?

We don't have air conditioning, either in the house or the car...Do I want to put cream on a heat rash ?
I would try corn starch, maybe mixed with a little water.





-Use any powder around baby carefully because it can be inhaled into the lungs with possible health effects later in life.





Keep the area dry after a bath.


You can also use a normal house fan and a bucket of water and ice behind it, it helps quite a bit.Do I want to put cream on a heat rash ?
I would avoid creams and go with the cornstarch, it is best to keep the area dry. Theres not much you can do to stop it from happening again, other than trying to keep her cool when you can. I'd just keep her in a diaper when its really hot and try to keep a fan pointed at her. If you can maybe go visit a friend who has air conditioning next time its extremely hot out.
Keep it dry and try to get as much air on it as possible like from a fan blowing or something. If its really hot just strip baby down to a diaper and let her run around like that. My son is very hot natured and even though we have a/c i still have him run around in a diaper. It keeps him cool and if we put clothes on him its just a lightweight t-shirt or a pair of shorts. Never both if we were staying at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment