Thursday, December 31, 2009

How many receiving blankets to take for baby and is diaper rash cream necassary to take for diaper bag?

I am packing the baby bag for the hospital and was wondering how many receiving blankets to take? 9 maybe or is that to much? And how many onesies? Sleepers/jumpers? Socks? And since being a newborn it's a not really necessary to take powder and diaper rash cream, is it?


Man I am driving myself crazy on what to pack!


I don't remember it being so frustrating with my 1st pregnancy. I wish I had kept that list i made on what to pack for the baby.


It is much easier for myself, but I want to make sure I have everything for the baby.


How did you pack your baby's diaper bag?





Thanks for you help!How many receiving blankets to take for baby and is diaper rash cream necassary to take for diaper bag?
Depends how long you will be in the hospital for, if it is for the average 3 day stay:


5 receiving blankets


4 onsies if baby is due in the summerish time


4 sleepers if the baby is due in the winterish time


soothers, just incase


1 or 2 hats


diapers


wipes


mmmm...I took diaper cream and vasaline, but they were just travel sizes so I throught them in the front pouch and just kept them there.


Note:my hospital never supplied diapers, wipes or anything like that, we had tp bring everything. They gave us one hat and one blanket...thats itHow many receiving blankets to take for baby and is diaper rash cream necassary to take for diaper bag?
We did not have cream with us at the hospital, but since I breastfed the pediatrician strongly recommended we use it at every diaper change when we got home since they poop more that formula fed babies. I took a couple socks, lots of hand mittens!!! and about 3-4 onsies. I hated the hospital wardrobe, it was a mess. I took maybe 3 or 4 large receiving blankets and a couple burp rags.





I did bring diapers which was a good thing because we were there three days and ran out of the hospital provided pampers that day. We only used one of ours instead of requesting more diapers.





Wow, I can't really remember what else in the diaper bag.. the usual I guess! lol
all i took for my little one was his picture outfit and his going home outfit, the hospital should provide you with everything s=else you'll need while he's there.. easier too cuz you wont need to worry about washing any of that laundry :)


the only thing i wish i had packed was wipes as the hospital had some policy against wet wipes... something about the alcohol in them so they only provided dry once that you wet yourself
I only took an outfit for pictures and their coming home outfits. The hospital provides blankets, diapers, onsies, cream, etc. You and insurance are paying for it, so you might as well use it. The hospital charges for all that stuff whether you use it or not.
You don't need anything for the baby except something to put them in to home in and the car seats, thats it!





Hospitals will provide the rest. good luck
3 white onesies


One going home sleeper


3 hats


3-4 pairs of socks


3-4 pairs of hand mittens


2 rec. blankets


One special pink blanket to go home with.





that is all I needed. They give you every thing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment