Saturday, December 26, 2009

My son has a diaper rash and it is from an allergic reaction to tomatos, what kind of diaper cream can I use?

( My son is two.) We found out that he was allergic because he ate spagetti and his cheeks became splotchy and his butt broke out with a real bad rash, but we didn't know what it was. Then we gave him benedryl one night and he looked good the next morning. I thought he might have been allergic to tomatos, but to be sure we gave him a tiny bit of ketchup with his chicken nuggets for lunch and about five minutes later his cheeks were blotchy again. We have tried regular diaper creams and it didnt go away. It feels how poison ivy feels, rough and raised. We put cortizone on it and it went away. But last night he screamed when I put it on, so i took it off and applied regular cream...I was just wondering what kind of cream will work for this...allergic reaction I guess. Thanks for your help!My son has a diaper rash and it is from an allergic reaction to tomatos, what kind of diaper cream can I use?
I would try using a yeast cream like monastat. If that doesn't clear it up then try this:





Use a wash cloth with plain water on it to wipe him off. Take a dry towel and pat him dry, let him air dry as much as possible. Once completely dry, sprinkle a bit of pure cornstarch on him- just enough to coat, not alot. Then use a salve like A and D ointment or Bag Balm. Coat his bum well with it. Then sprinkle more cornstarch over the bag balm.My son has a diaper rash and it is from an allergic reaction to tomatos, what kind of diaper cream can I use?
Try A + D ointment, not the diaper cream. It is in a yellow and white tube. My kids both have bad allergies and eczema and this has always worked wonders. I guess Balmex has a new ointment out too that is similar and clear colored..but I haven't seen it yet. Good luck!
u can always used Destiny cream its betta for anything and cheaper trust me i kno i have a lil gurl, use it everytime when u change ur baby diaper!
Thinking that your child is allergic to tomatoes and then purposely giving him something containing tomatoes is totally irresponsible parenting.





There are doctors who specialize in allergies. If you had any inkling that your child had an allergy, you should not have taken it upon yourself to test the theory. You should have contacted your child's pediatrician and told him exactly what happened.





Foods given to a person who is allergic to them could induce a fatal reaction.





Call your doctor immediately. Tell him exactly what is going on, exactly what sort of reaction your child is having. Ask your doctor what should be done.





Oh, and if your child shows potential allergic reactions to any other foods, try contacting your doctor first... instead of trying to play doctor at home.
Balmex.





I had the same problem with my daughter when she was young. We thought she was allergic to that stuff too...turned out she was just sensitive to the acid in the tomatoes. Also watch out for acidy juices, like orange juice.
Use Palmers Butt Butter it is the best for soothing irritated skin and it's an awesome preventative medicine too did I mention it smells like cocoa butter yum
My aunt alwayz used ';back balm'; or ';bag balm'; on her kids. It's suppose to be for cows, I guess. But her babies always got diaper rashes just because of skin sensitivity. It always cleared them right up. It comes in a green can that's about 2 inches tall you can find it in Walmart. It's completely safe. My mom used it too for my brothers and sisters.
umm well somthin that as worked real well for me with all my 5 kids and it doesnt mean it will work for you cuz kids bodies are so different but i love medicated corn starch its more natural and abosrbs any moist and helps the burning alot ......... and it doesnt leave any thick crap to try to clean off his bottom and hurt him some more it comes off with a nice warm bath and you dont have to rub on his bottom which is alreay iritated and let him go free with out the diaper some too ..and you can still put the cornstarch on and powder doesnt stain the floors or stick on carpet like creams do too ..so if you try it i hope it works





also oatmeal bathes can sooth his little bottom too ..





well take care and good luck ur friend brandy


padierma@yahoo.com and also myspace--http://www.myspace.com/springpad
Try the clear calamine lotion. We had to use that on my son when he broke out. You can get it in clear or the pink stuff.
Lots and lots of Aveeno ointment or Balmex. Before applying that,put a small amount of cortisone on the really bad spots then cover it with the other.
If you have the time and can keep him still for some time, let him go diaperless for several minutes after each diaper change. When my daughter got diaper rash, I would strip her naked, put her in her infant tub on top of cloth diapers and let her watch tv for about 30 min. If she got wet or poopy, I would just change the cloth under her. Usually it would clear up by the end of the day. Of course I would do this 5 or more times a day. (she was only a few months old when I did this)
My daughter has the same reaction to anything with citic acid. I use a cream from her doctor that is for eczema. She also has eczema but the cream works great on diaper rash.
Gold bond medicated powder. Also if you nursed there is a product in a purple tube Starts with a L . It main purpose is to keep nipple supple for nursing but it works wonders on diaper rashes as well.
what to do is separate an egg white from the yolk. take the white and smear it on his sore little bottom. this acts as a protective barrier and keeps urine, etc from nipping his skin. i've used egg white myself for extremely four bottoms forall 4 of my kids and it's better than any barrier cream
Did your doctor prescribe the cortezone? What has your doctor said about this rash?
Wal-mart sells this wonerful stuff that you used to have to order online. It's called butt paste. COmes In a liitle tube with a cartoon baby on it. Ask a sales clerk to help you find it cause sometimes it's in an end of aisle display. Also Johnson and Johnson makes a wonderful powder specially made for diaper rash. It has zinc oxide, vitamin E, and aloe. It worked great for my first daughter. Also, Benadryl comes in a cream try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment