Saturday, December 26, 2009

Diaper rash cream suggestions?

My son has a diaper rash that I've been applying desatin clear too for the past three days and now it's seeming to get worse is there anybrand that you might suggest? my son has very sensitive skin and I think maybe the desatin s too harsh because it has made the rash worse not betterDiaper rash cream suggestions?
This is going to sound really weird, out of all of the other rash creams and ointments. This was something my grandmother shared with me and it worked wonders. His skin being sensitive to, it won't hurt him any. Try Utterly smooth, it is actually for women on their breasts, but works excellent on your babies bottom. If you don't want to try this you may want to ask your doctor for what is called Bactroban it is an antibiotic cream only for rashes that are blistering though.Diaper rash cream suggestions?
We've had good luck with Aveeno. It's fragrance-free and seems to coat well. We also tried Desitin (Creamy, though - not Clear), and it was so full of perfume it really seemed like a bad idea. It did not seem to help, either, but the Aveeno definitely has.
sudocrem if you can get it ... its the best stuff in the whole world!!





But maybe just in the uk...





or also another one called kamilosan (made from camomile!) its actually for cracked nipples, but does well for nappy rash too ... its all natural.





Also it might be worth giving your son some nappy off time every day after hes gone poopoo ... just to get some air around the area...





Good luck!
I tried a lot of them and the one I liked the best was the Aveeno brand. Just make sure you dry off the diaper area really well before you put it on or it just traps the moisture under the cream.
you can use the baby aquaphor its really good and its an ointment not a cream and i believe the ointments are best
OK my son has the same problem. You need to get some ati biotic ointment and some diaper rash ointment( not cream) put it on his butt every diaper change.


This is what my sons doctor told me he got a really bad rash one time that lasted for 1 month.


I promise it will clear it right up.
i used cornstarch on my daughter, within a day it was gone. She had a rash for over 3 weeks and I tried everything
vasaline
I use buttpaste brand. You can get it at Target (thats where I got it anyway). It works pretty good. My son has excema and it helps keep it clear.
If it gets really bad go to the Doc and he can give you something.





He gave me Hydrocorisone and then mix Nystatin(over the counter) with it. Nystatin is like canestan cream and anti fungul which is what causes rashes.





I find all diaper creams suck equally sorry! Maybe Zinc 40% instead of Destin which I think is only 15%. That's all I can think of Good Luck!
I've used many different kinds on my son and the best I found so far is just regular A%26amp;D ointment. I'm sure all little kids butts are different, but that has worked best for him. Also diaper rash creams are meant to keep moisture out SO they can keep moisture in if his butt is damp when the cream is applied. So make sure you let his tushy air dry before applying anything. I usually just blow on it of use the diaper to fan some air on him. Good luck!!
I swore by A+D cream when my son was a baby!
I used destin with my son and it made it worse also. Try Butt Paste it works wonders for my son I apply it once at night and in the morning his butt was clear I also like A %26amp; D cream too.
sudocrem....it quite good....and my son never have nappy rash untill now....this cram work also for protection.....
Triple paste

No comments:

Post a Comment