Thursday, December 31, 2009

Diaper rash & best cream to use?

my son just recently started on solids and now when he poops its a little red and irritated on his bum, perfectly in the shape of his poop. i've read that the enzymes %26amp; whatnots in new food can do this and it's completely normal, but now his rash is looking shiny %26amp; super irritated. i keep boudreux's butt paste on it and overnight i use desitin but so far it's not getting any better.


any suggestions on what to try? i change his diaper more often now and always immediately after a poop.Diaper rash %26amp; best cream to use?
Poor baby booty! Try to let him air dry for awhile everyday, I let my kids sit in the bathtub so if anything happens it is easy clean up, that might help the rash. Instead of using wipes, use Cetaphil (buy at Wal-Mart/drugstores, follow directions on back) My DR told me about the Cetaphil to use on my daughter. My son never got a diaper rash until we started him solids and I changed diaper brands (from huggies to Luvs) and the rashes just went away over night! I don't know if this actually helped or not, but it is too coincidental to ignore





EDIT: I just noticed your name (army wife) I was a Navy wife (veteran now), tell your hubby thank you!Diaper rash %26amp; best cream to use?
If the solids are causing the problem, then stop that particular solid and try something else.





My niece tried cereal first, it caused a horrible rash, and goopy eyes. We stopped after 2 days, and tried with veggies the next week which fixed the problem immediately.





Correcting the source is always the better option to trying to treat the result.





New foods can cause problems sometimes but as their digestive system develops it will be easier for them to tolerate foods they didn't before, try different things slowly, and remove one if it doesn't work for now. My niece has never had a rash without a cause that we could remove, and correct without a cream.
Like the person before me said, create a barrier with vasoline. but also, try Johnson %26amp; Johnson Rash Cream (its a blue %26amp; white tube) that is what works best for my son, and he has the same problem with the red in the shape of his poo lol. other than that, butt paste like you have been doing is the best hing i have found
The best thing I have ever used on diaper rash is browned flour. Take a few teaspoons of flour, put in a frying pan and fry on a medium heat until it turns medium brown. Don't burn it though. Then let it cool, and sprinkle on the rash. Every time I have done this, the rash has been cleared up in less than 12 hours! Got the remedy from my Gramma who used it on all of her kids!
The best cream to use is Balmex..my baby girl went through the same thing and balmex really worked...you can also use desitin overnight (the one in a purple tube) during the night. Yep, keep changing his diaper often even if its urine becuase that is what causes irritaition. Hope ur baby gets better soon! Take Care
Use destin Creamy i use it on my son's diaper rash and it is wonderful i can not use anything else and i wont use anything different you can go to wal-mart, family dollar, CVS, walgreens, rite aid.
What I found to be the best was the Target brand of rash cream. It cleared up a rash on my baby's neck when nothing else was working. It also seems to clear up any diaper rash within 1-2 days.
A %26amp; D Ointment. We'll sometimes also use this as a barrier to make clean up easier on the little ones bum the next time he soils his diaper.
stop using the wipes, use damp paper towels..let him dry as long as possible, thin coat of desitin, then glob on the vaseline..its the best barrier..
The two best I've ever used are Sudocrem and Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I prefer the butt paste.
Butt paste...you can get it at target..it's great!
i have heard sudocrem is great xxx smells luvly 2 xx
  • myspace commentes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment