Tuesday, December 22, 2009

If my baby has a diaper rash and Desitin makes it feel worse, what else should I try for cream?

She has a very bad red rash on her little girl lip down there. I think it's yeast and usually all I have to do it wipe it with a wet towel, cover it with desitin and it's gone by the next time I change her. This time it's been there for 3 days and getting worse! When I put desitin on it she cries and squirms until I take the cream off. What else should I put on it until I can get her into the docton in a few days or so??? Thanks!If my baby has a diaper rash and Desitin makes it feel worse, what else should I try for cream?
If it's a yeast rash, you need to take her to the doctor. If you have breastmilk, put some on there (I know I sound weird lol) or put some yogurt on it. Air it out, if you are using disposable diapers, they will irritate it with the stuff they put in it for absorbancy. Good luck!If my baby has a diaper rash and Desitin makes it feel worse, what else should I try for cream?
Maybe try Zincofax extra strength, or a little baking soda in the bathtub. Make sure her bum is completely dry before putting on any cream or diapering.
Zincofax always worked the best for my kids when they wore diapers. If it doesn't clear up, take her to the doctor.


Good luck!
Try putting some vasiline on it and let the bottom are out well. If you are using: Pampers or Luvs Diapers you need to stop for now. Walmart has a diaper called Parent's Choice that is suppost to be hyperallergenic that you might want to use untill the rash heals up. You can also use Huggies diaper also, but the Parent's Choice ones are very cheap.





My son has a yeast rash and I mix 50% water and 50% organic apple cider vinager on a piece of cotton and it seems to be helping. Make sure that it is a yeast rash first. I thought that it was going to burn my son, but I still did it and it cleared it up. You can probably aslo use plain yogurt also. Your doctor may precribe something for the rash, but I think that the natural stuff works better a lot of the time.
BALMEX


or


Change brand of diapers


Luvs are good and affordable
Try simple corn starch. worked like a charm on my kids
There is nothing better than Flanders buttocks cream....my daughter had constant diaper rash and NOTHING worked until I used this. It costs around $6.00 or so. I hope she is feeling better soon!
you should try aveeno baby lotion. but get the unscented kind not the scented that is important. it is a little pricey but it works for me
Take her to the dr. asap....desitin should be clearing it up. I recall talking to another mother once and she said nothing would work for her baby either. She wouldn't even let her touch it with a diaper wipe...ending up having a urinary tract infection. I would get her there asap so she can have some relief and you can too. I would let her run around half nakie :o) and maybe some vaseline.
You should not wait a ';few days or so'; to take her to the doctor. There is no excuse for not taking her to the doctor right away, or at least call.
My daughter kept an infection for I don't know how long. Doctors couldn't even figure out what it was. First and formost.... She had a yeast infection. I used miconazole cream... that got rid of the yeast infection. BUT after that it seemed like she had diaper rash, so I done EVERYTHING the doctors prescribed, finally... I decided to go out on a limb and try my own thing. I started switching her diapers. She had used every diaper ever made and even every store brand. I decided to try PAMPERS EASY UPS they cleared it, I have been using them since then and never even a spot on her.





Good luck, I hope this advice helps!
OTC Monistat will work just fine for a yeasty diaper rash. My personal favorite rash cream is called Rash Magic. You can get it at www.jacksmagicbeanstalk.com It is a little bit pricy, but works very well, and fast too.
Vaseline works great also or aveno products
Get good old vaseline jelly. Or Bag Balm. Those worked best for my kids
Try ButtPaste it is a little on the expensive side but it is very thick and shields the baby's bottom from wetness in between changings. I would advise, however that you contact her doctor very soon.
It may be a fungus and you will have to take her to the doctor to get a prescription cream. The same thing happened with my baby and it got worse and never would go away . I finally went to the dr and got that prescription and it went away. Otherwise I use Butt Paste. Its great.
Okay so here it is I believe that you should use regular vaseline on her little teder parts. That way it will not burn or hurt her little area.
If you think it is a yeast infection, you will have to get a prescription from the doctor for Nystatin cream (or something similair). Try coloidal oatmeal baths to help sooth her bottom. Sure helped my daughter. Also, if NOT yeast, air that bottom and let her sit in her playpen or crib without a diaper.
My best friends little girl gets the same yeast problem. The thing that her doctor recommend is anti-fungal cream. It works wonders. Good luck, but check with your doctor first before you purchase it.
It does sound like a yeast infection. My daughter has had those and antibotic creams is the only way to get rid of it. In the meantime until you can get her into a doctor try bag balm to soothe her.
Hello,





Oh, yeah Desitin will make it more painful. I have used Aquifor, California Baby Diaper Cream, Huggies Diaper Rash Cream, Johnson's Diaper Rash.





I also really love BabyBouquet Rash ointment.





Hope this helps you......................... :-)
The best thing in the world to use(I know it sounds wierd) is liquid Maalox! My mom suggested it with my daughter and I thought she was crazy, but it works!!! Put a generous coat on with a cotton ball, and let it dry a little (blow on it).It creates a coating that it neither nasty or hard to get off, and it doesn't burn(as long as you use the original flavored kind). Then reapply everytime you change her diaper!!! Poor baby! i hope this helps!
With my daughter we tried everything and nothing worked until my older sister gave us some Vermonts Best Bag Balm.Its originally for the udders of milk cows but it has been the only thing to work for my daughter and her rash would get so bad it would bleed.
if you think it is a yeast infection which would explaine why desitin is hurting her use monistat cream but I would think about having her chked by her doctor also if it doesnt clear up soon
I would get her to a doctor asap....even if you need top go to a walk in clinic first. I wouldn't want to sit on that for a few days would you? ouch!!





There is a spray on that you can buy. It is at wal Mart (at least in Canada) It is called One. In a white bottle. It also comes in gel form. I love this stuff. My little girl's bottom never clears with zinc based creams. I spray this stuff on and the rash is gone the next diaper change. Good luck!
One vote for Bag Balm. (I belive it is sold in the animal husbandry section at Wal-Mart.) My son was born premature and developed diaper rash while in the hospital. That's what they used on it. Slather it on heavy. And, I agree with take her to the doctor as soon as possible.
Pure Cornstarch baby powder always dried up my babies' diaper rashes in a flash!
I had the same problem with my daighter. Try using Triple Paste it is in a round jug. I swear by it!
I used Bepanthen but any nappy cream that is a combination of barrier cream and antiseptic seems to work well.





I found barrier cream alone would stop it getting worse but wouldnt help to clear it the ones that have the antiseptic in them as well clear up the rash and stop the baby getting more.





If it is a yeast infection you need a cream that is especially for that. I used Canesten its available over the counter in Australia (may not be where ever you are) but ask your chemist if they have anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment