Saturday, December 26, 2009

My daughter has bad diaper rash, diaper cream does not work?

i have tried all of the rash creams, so i think it is like an acid burn because she has pretty bad diarrhea right now caused by the antibiotics she is on. she has a dr app tomorrow but anyone know of anything that will help with acid burn on the diaper area,My daughter has bad diaper rash, diaper cream does not work?
It might be a yeast infection caused my the antibotic. Take her to the doctor they have cream for the yeast infection rash that babies get. Just keep the area really dry by using a hair dryer on the cool setting after eat wiping/diaper change.My daughter has bad diaper rash, diaper cream does not work?
I am thinking that it is a yeast based rash...sort of like jock itch or athletes foot. The antibiotics can cause diarrhea and an overgrowth of yeast. I know I get a vaginal yeast infection any time I take a penicillin type antibiotic. If it is they will probably either prescribe a lotriman cream, or tell you to get some from the foot care isle at the pharmacy.





Also, instead of baby wipes, pour water over her butt to clean it. When my son had gastroenteritis his butt was raw too. I stood him in the sink and used an old peri bottle to squeeze water directly on his butt.
Have you tried this stuff called Resinol? I never even heard of it before until someone told me to use it. My son got terrible ill back in October and had some serious diarrhea and I tried it on him and over night his diaper rash went from really red and some bleeding to a dark pink. The stuff works great. I know Walmart carries it in the pharmacy section where the first aid ointments are. Also, DO NOT use cornstarch powder on your baby. She may have an allergic reaction to it and that will make things worse. I don't know why that person would recommend that if they are up to date with their baby knowledge and talk to their pediatrician. You never use cornstarch on a baby for the reason they can have a reaction. Regular baby power is fine, but if you use the Resinol, you won't need baby powder. Also, when she has a diarrhea diaper, don't use wipes on her anymore, put her in the tub with running water and hold her up while the water runs on her butt, if you have to, use your hand to get the poop off instead of a rag because that will make it worse. Good luck to you.
Vaseline. It provides a barrier between the skin and any wetness, plus it has no perfume or other irritants. Also, if it's at all possible, let the poor thing run around nudy bum as much as you can. The longer you can keep it dry the better, although with diarrhea, it may be difficult to go diaper free. Whenever my daughter developed a bit of a rash, I smeared a very thick layer of vaseline all over and by the next day it was almost gone. Also, FREQUENT diaper changes if unable to go diaper free. When pee and poop are mixed together in a diaper it causes a reaction of ammonia, which is a common cause of rashes.





Please don't use any corn starch or powders.
A nice long soak in the tub, so soaps or perfumy things, just water.





Using the diaper cream or vaseline will protect her skin from the diarrhea and further irritation.





Avoid juice - stick to milk and water (tomatoes are the worst)





Use a diaper that is one size too big (this allows the air to circulate while protecting the floor, furniture and everything else from what's coming out.)





Diaper wipes will irritate as well. Avoid using them if possible or after cleaning, wipe the wipe residue off with a damp face cloth (again, water only, no soap or perfume).
I hate to tell you all but the only thing that helps true diaper rash go away (and I don't mean infections, rashes) is to let them run around without a diaper for a few hours each day. Especially at 18 months, she should be able to tell you if she has to go. But since she currently has diarrhea that sounds pretty impossible.
When the creams didn't work (and they usually did) on my baby's very red, bumpy and cracked rash, my mom told me to use cornstarch and keep that area as dry as possible. It worked! Just be careful when using baby powder or cornstarch that the baby does not inhale any of the dust. Apply it with a cotton-ball or cotton makeup pad, don't just shake it on. Good luck.
I don't know if it is available where you live, it's called Metanium. It's my emergency cream. It's a real godsend. Other creams prevent rash, this cream heals it. It may soil your angel's clothes (it is yellow) but it's really worth it. Believe me give it a try and you won't regret it. Good luck and don't forget that wipes are a no no ...no matter how bad the smell is.








http://www.metanium.com/
I usually have luck with Balmex when all else fails. If nothing like that works just put some baby powder in there and let her run around diaperless for a while not to trap moister. Also, dont use baby wipes use a a warm cloth with baby wash on it and pat dry.
Don't use cornstarch! It can cause fungus to grow. Sounds stupid, but browned flour works WONDERS! It's the only thing I use on my kids and it won't cause fungal growth. Just put some in a frying pan and cook it until it's a medium brown color. Sprinkle it on at every diaper change.
Could be a yeast infection. My son's doctor told us that if he has what looks like a diaper rash, but won't go away with creams, it's most likely a yeast infection.


Antibiotics can cause them.
What type of diapers are u using. My daughter had a really bad diaper rash for a while that nothing worked for and I switched diaper name brands and that helped.
Try Vaseline. It always worked for my son when he was a baby, even when he had the worst diarrhea and rash ever. I hope it helps. Good luck.
POWDER will dry it up. It'll dry it out. and help it. I've found in some cases creams only make it worse.








Baby powder
Super Duper Diaper Doo
Put some PURE corn starch on it,it will help neutralize the acid if there is any.

No comments:

Post a Comment