Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the best diaper rash cream to use moms?

i just posted about my nine month old and his sudden increase in dirty diapers. he also goes quietly and with out effort and it doesn't give off any odor right away so its hard for me to even know he's gone. but all along the inside of his buttcrack is beet red and almost bleeding. he has some pink rough patches on his butt cheeks. truthfully my son has only ever had diaper rash once before and i used neosporin plus pain relief. but were fresh out now so i have to use something else. i got everything for my babyshower from a%26amp;d creamy and clear, desitin creamy, nursery jelly, and boruduexs butt paste. we are kind of strapped for cash right now so what is your fave diaper cream to use and why?What is the best diaper rash cream to use moms?
I know the kind the second person mentioned,the butt paste,OMG it works great! It worked wonders on my daughter,she had diaper rash so much off and on it was unreal,and it always calmed down the roughness of it,and stopped the irritation she would obviously feel from it. But,give the rash time to air out,as the diaper will help to do nothing but irritate it usually. Also,add some corn starch baby powder on it,and that helps as well.What is the best diaper rash cream to use moms?
I ALWAYS use Burts Bees Diaper Ointment. It is great. If Noah ever gets a little red it takes it away by the next changing. We first used it when he had a pretty bad rash (about like the one your son has) and that, and baby powder, cleared it up in about 3 days. I always use a little of it after poopy diapers. :0)


We use the desitin creamy when we are out of Burts and it is pretty good too, but I HATE that bordeaux butt paste. it stinks, is slimy and never helped his redness at all.


Good luck!
Nystatin is a realy good cream you have to get a persription it work pretty fast also I perfer using corn starch it work great and its cheap they actually put corn starch in baby powder but add a bunch off perfumes and stuff to it so it usualy dont work but plain corn starch works great good luck
I think the best is Bepanthen. My son had really bad rash last week and after 3 applications it was completely healed.


All the others I have tried are really thick and go on like zinc but Bepanthen spreads really well.


It is not very expensive, $6 for a small tube
Triple paste. My sis in law used it on my nephew - he used to get diaper rash so bad he would actually have yeast infections on his butt . . . seriously! and that stuff would clear it up within a day or 2.
We use Burts Baby Bee. We use it because a lot of other baby products that aren't natural contain Formaldehyde. It can get a little expensive but it is well worth it. It smells great also.
i used AVEENO but budreauxs is good too. however, the best thing is to let him be naked as much as you can to let it air out well. let him play on a mat or blanket that you don't mind getting pee or something on
I have found that Aveeno Baby soothing relief diaper rash cream to be a very good product. I'm a fan of all the the Aveeno baby products.
Use vaseline its supposed to coat the skin well. I use it at every diaper change (When I happen to remember) and so far my daughter hasnt had a diaper rash.





- je蠅e鈩撯創褔ss伪's 屑伪屑伪 *;
Beaudrix(SP?) Butt Paste! Hands down the best for severe diaper rash!
butt paste, or regular old corn starch which is about .50 at the grocery store.
Desistin. Works great. It helps to heal and I use it as a preventive measure too ! What else can I say ?
We found that A%26amp;D works wonders!
I mostly just use cornstarch. I find if I use it at every diaper change it prevents a rash. My daughters only had a few minor diaper rashes and the only diaper creams I would put on it are vaseline or the vitamin a%26amp;e lotion because all the others ones I looked at had zinc oxide in it which really stings. When you do put cream on it make sure the area is dry first by putting a bit of cornstarch on first or letting it air dry, otherwise the cream will lock the moisture in and can make the rash worse.
I like any of the Zinc Oxide Creams, such as Desitin. Ten percent or more of Zinc Oxide, and not with a million other ingredients, botanicals, or fragrances. One application is usually enough to see some relief.





If the rash doesn't get better after a day or two of treatment, call the doctor to find out if it is a yeast rash and how they want you to treat it. Yeast won't go away without an antifungal, and your description of the redness and patches sounds like that's what it might be.





Hope your little guy feels better soon!
It depends on whether the skin is broken or not. If it is not broken, I think the best on the market is butt paste. If it IS broken though wash his bottom in lukewarm water mixed with baking soda. Then cover it in Vasoline. Do NOT use any of the over the counter diaper creams if the skin is broken. It will burn.





If your baby has had a sudden change in his diapers though, I would talk to your doctor about it. I don't know how many people told me that my sons had diaper rash when I told them about their sore bottoms. It turned out that they actually had food allergies that were causing their problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment