Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ok moms...Which brand of diaper rash cream works best?

I've tried Triple Paste everytime my daughter has the slightest bit of the rash. But she's had diarrhea for the 14 days, which has caused a horrible diaper rash this time. Her doctor prescribed an ointment that we should only use for 3 days. We did that, it didnt go away. Took her back to the doctor today, and she said since it's not fungal rash, I could just use A %26amp; D ointment. But I've heard Desitin is better. So I go to the store today and read the labels of Desitin, A%26amp;D, Johnson's, and some other generic brand...couldnt tell the difference in any. Except Desitin claimed to be #1 Recommended by Pedatricians.





So which one works better? My daughter's little tushy is so red %26amp; sore, I cant bare to waste time using a cream that won't help heal it and possibly make it worse, like Triple Paste seemed to do.Ok moms...Which brand of diaper rash cream works best?
For those stubborn rashes when zinc just won't work I use Canestan, which is also just your basic anti-fungal cream. I use it 2-3 times a day along with regular cream and the rash is gone within 3 days.





http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T081400…





This website explains the different types of rashes.





Hope that helps!Ok moms...Which brand of diaper rash cream works best?
I use A%26amp;D. Here’s my process:


First, I never use wipes. Even the “sensitive” ones give my baby diaper rash every time. Instead, I keep a thermos of warm water and cotton pads next to the changing table. When the area is clean, you need to let it air dry. If there is any kind of moisture on the skin, the ointment will just trap in the wetness and make the rash worse. You can use a little fan or a hairdryer (Only if it has a cold setting though, no hot air!). It’s also good to let the baby’s diaper area air out once a day. You might have an easier time with this because you have a girl. Just put her on a waterproof pad to catch any accidents. When the skin is dry, my doctor told me to use a large amount of the A%26amp;D zinc ointment. Don’t buy the little tube, get the really big tube and use a lot of it. I'm not really sure that the brand matters, probably any zinc oxide ointment is good. You want to do the whole process with every diaper change (and change them often). Hope this helps!
Sudo Cream





(not sure if they sell it in the states)
It sounds crazy but Bag Balm. It was originally made for cows utters that had cracked and become to sore to milk but someone somewhere started using it as a diaper rash ointment and it works wonders! I have had 4 kids, my mother used it on her youngest kids and most of my friends swear by it for their kids. I have use the Butt Paste and it works ok but the Bag Balm works fantastic. My sister had the most sensitive skin and had such a horrible rash as an infant, that her bottom was bleeding, my Mom bought everything and even tried prescription cream but nothing made it go away except Bag Balm. You can get it at Walmart in the pet dept. I know it sounds crazy but it is well worth the try and you get more for your money the can lasts forever. If you are looking for it, it is in a green, square metal can. Good luck!
Go to the grocery store or Rite Aide and get some Caldesene powder. It comes in a pink plastic bottle.





My nurse practitioner told me about this stuff when my daughter was having a similar problem and she said that it would take the sting out. It did, it does. Desitin and many other diaper creams/ointments sting an already raw bottom and I thank Kathy every day for that piece of advice.





I used it for my daughter who is now 16 and my son who is 3. He has had a few diapers that caused an instant raw bottom and all I do is shake the powder on and the redness goes away.





If she has open raw patches use Vaseline to just sooth for an hour or two then a bath and powder.





I promise it will help and it is only about $5 a bottle.





Good luck!
budroux butt paste. ( I don't know how to spell it.)


It has the highest zinc in it and destin night time.
Warm water then dried with a blowdryer on the low heat low blow setting. That way it gets dry and you don't have to rub it. Then use any kind. Anything will work on a clean bum. If you put diaper cream on top of stomach acid you just lock in the acid next to the skin. You need to wash off all the poop (wipes don't help and they hurt rash) then pretty much any of them work. I use the equate brand of desitin. We like it fine but I also have a store brand of A+D and it works when it's not real red yet.





Some of my other friends and a SIL who was a nanny swear by butt paste but other kinds have worked for me so I'm not going to spend more.





You can also try Malox. NOT THE MINTY KIND JUST REGULAR MALOX. Use a cotton ball to dab it on. It will neutralize any acid on her bum.
i personally like the desitin overnight formula
i see alot of people saying that butt paste is the best well i beg to differ with them all it did nothing for either one of my kids or my nieces..all babies are different you know,you can try it..it could work for her who knows,i always used desitin,petroleum jelly,or nystatin,you know you mentioned that you read the information on the backs of all the diaper rash creams and you couldn't really find a difference well your right there's not a difference really other than the makers name that's all your paying for really,i really like the petroleum jelly,give baby bath make sure to air dry put this petroleum jelly all over the rash dust with powder and put on diaper and put to bed change right away in the morning and let her get some air then you do the same all over again...and you know another thing you might not want to hear it but you might have to start potty training her it might be that time she could be getting the rash from being in the diapers,you can also try pull-ups during the day and diaper at night...but if she is 15 months then you might go a head and start trying with the potty,i know you might not want to but some times we just have to move on Hun..and move to the next stage...good luck i hope she feels better real soon...
Air, and Desitin.





If she's immobile still, lay her on the floor on top of a clean diaper that's open and put a bunch of receiving blankets or old towels underneath her. Let her hand around with a bare bottom for an hour or two. That always seemed to help when our daughter had bad diaper rash. And Desitin is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for her. We have tried others in the past (Balmex, Butt Paste, Huggies Diaper cream) but none worked as well. We use the overnight one. Works like a charm!





Keep her out of the bathtub. It may be drying out her skin and irritating it more. Also, when you change her, you don't have to wipe all the cream off and apply more. Just wipe enough to clean her, and reapply the cream if needed.
B UTT PASTE IS GREAT...BUT IT SMELLS WEIRD...ALSO FOR A MORE NATURAL APPROCH TRY OLIVE OIL...IT DOESNT HAVE ANY BAD CHEMICALS...
It may be a yeaste infection, there is a prescrption you can ask your doctor for that is called Vusion. it is specially made for extreme diaper rash due to a yeaste infection. It doesn't hurt to ask your doctor about it. It may even solve your problem.!!!


My son hasn't had this problem but I do use Balmex on him at everyyy diaper change, even if he doesn't have a rash.





Hope this helps..
I used a%26amp;d and take that diaper off for atleast a couple of hours try underware thats what I done with my son just put him some underware on and he may have peed everywhere but the rash was gone 2 days after that!
My daughter is only 7wks old but prone to diaper rashes from day 1... and we live in Alaska so its extremely cold and dry which makes it 10x worse. We used Desitin (sp?) for the first 6wks and the rash never really made an improvement, it didnt get worse it just didnt get better. Our sitter actually recommended A%26amp;D ointment she said its so much better than Desitin and Butt Paste so I figured what the hey I'll give it a shot. In just one night I put it on her before she went to bed, when I changed her diaper the next morning the rash looked SO much better! So now I swear by the A%26amp;D, its greaser than desitin but it works so much better for our daughter! I suggest you just buy one of each and give them all a shot. That way you can find out what is best for you. Good luck!
Budreaux's Butt Paste is the best stuff that I have used.
Paladin
A%26amp;D ointment... My best friend and I swear by it. The good news about A%26amp;D ointment is that it is very inexpensive. Good luck.
BUTT PASTE!!! best thing ever made
Try putting a thick layer of Crisco on her bottom. It acts like a barrier so that the acids in her stools don't burn her bottom. I know it sounds weird, but it's an old Jewish remedy given to my mom by her pediatrician, and it has worked for my children (I have 4). Give it a try, it couldn't hurt.
hi, im from oz so i dont think you will have the same creams as we do but i can suggest the best most natural way. A long bath then air that little bottom as long as you can, try leaving the nappy off as much as you can whilst at home.. Good luck i hope she gets better the poor little angel :)
I also use Butt Paste. It's great. You can buy it at almost any store.
The problem with the ointments is its keeping the area moist. Especially if your using it for a few weeks now. I would leave her without a diaper to let it air dry, I know thats a tough one! I would also use corn starch. It works great, costs less (as you may already have it in the kitchen), no harmful ingredients, and it does the best job at drying a moist area.
well im not a mom but i have a little brother and my aunts a doctor she prefers destin it works!!
If I were you, I would try an organic diaper rash cream. Maybe she's allergic to some chemical in the generic brands.





Also, I would try aloe vera leaves. Just cut them open and squeeze the liquid on the skin. If no leaves available, some organic aloe vera gel.
leave the cream... use [powder]corn starch





!!!!!(maizena) Works !
I like butt paste, too.
If you get Aveeno try that because its natural oatmeal and such in it which should help or even ask the doctor about giving her and oatmeal bath that may also help at least with the irritation
I swear by butt paste, it's the best!
Butt Paste
im not a mom, but a teen and i work at a child care center in the infant room and i swear.. BUTT PASTE works the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment