Thursday, December 31, 2009

How many receiving blankets to take for baby and is diaper rash cream necassary to take for diaper bag?

I am packing the baby bag for the hospital and was wondering how many receiving blankets to take? 9 maybe or is that to much? And how many onesies? Sleepers/jumpers? Socks? And since being a newborn it's a not really necessary to take powder and diaper rash cream, is it?


Man I am driving myself crazy on what to pack!


I don't remember it being so frustrating with my 1st pregnancy. I wish I had kept that list i made on what to pack for the baby.


It is much easier for myself, but I want to make sure I have everything for the baby.


How did you pack your baby's diaper bag?





Thanks for you help!











I posted this in the newborn section and did not get many answers so I am asking this again. How are you ladies packing your baby's bag? You know how many onesies and sleepers/jumpers/socks and recievieng blankets?





How many receiving blankets to take for baby and is diaper rash cream necassary to take for diaper bag?
Take about three unless it is very cold, then you can take about five to seven. Take three onesies and the outer outfit the baby is wearing home. And a pair of socks unless the outfit has built in socks. The hospital provides you with a few diapers and a hat and a t-shirt. No diaper rash cream needed yet. I even put a handful (10) of diapers in just in case.


Relax.How many receiving blankets to take for baby and is diaper rash cream necassary to take for diaper bag?
Depends where you live if its cold or not. I took one receiving blanket and two thicker ones when I had my baby in chicago in january. I also took one pair of socks, two different outfits a hat and a snow suit ( chicago, remember) . And I also took home a couple of the hospitals receiving blankets :) You can leave the cream, if he gets a rash the hospital has cream and pretty much anything he needs while you are there
I live in florida the only thing that i packed was 3 receiving blankets, 5 under wears, my baby come home alfit including a baby hat,1 pair of socks, baby mittens, my comfortable clothes to come home, 2 pjs for me , flats, tooth brush ,shampoo,soap, hair ties, and some good heavy duty after pregnancy pads.



the hospital will supply everything you need up until the day you go home. So you really just need the items for coming home. Maybe some extra socks just in case.


You don't need cream, and Powder is dangerous to use on a newborn



The hospital provides you with receiving blankets while you are there. It isn't necessary to take diaper rash cream-and the hospital will provide you with that as well if its needed during the stay.
Just take three sleepers 3 pairs of socks, and 1 outfit for the baby. They will give anything you need. Oh blankets, if it is a boy, take 4, mine peed on all four at the hospital.
my bag has bottles, formula, a blanket, a jumpsuit to take bub home in, toiletries, 2 packets of maternity pads, breast pads, a nappy to take bub home in, night clothes for me, day clothes for me, a dressing gown, my camera, a book and change for the phone incase my mobile runs out of credit.





this is what the hospital told me to pack as they want bub to wear their nappies in hospital so they can take them for tests when they are wet or soiled and they have baby nighties and blankets at the hospital.





yet when i had my older girls, all i needed was stuff for me and they sent me home with stuff for bub. hospitals just arn't what they used to be for new mums.
I would pack for 4 days just to be sure.





1 onsies for each day


2 sleepers for each day (baby usually where sleepers for the first weeks at least)


4 pairs of socks as well as 2 pairs of scratch mittens


Powder should be used to keep form getting diaper rashes.


10 diapers for each day (newborn - I recommend Pampers Swaddlers sensitives)


Wipes (sensitive)


Probably 6 receiving blankets.


Bottles and formula (depending on whether you breastfeeding or not)


2 hats


Infant car seat that is already installed


Snowsuit (if winter)



Chances are that your baby will be in hospital receiving blankets and a little t-shirt provided by the hospital until you are released. I only packed an outfit to go home in, a receiving blanket to swaddle the baby in and a heavier blanket to go over top. You might want to pack 2 outfits and blankets just incase there is an smelly accident before you get out the door. I don't see any need for diaper rash cream as the baby will not have been in diapers for that long and have a lot of changes by the hospital staff. If a rash does occur the hospital will have cream on hand. Calm down and good luck with you delivery!
Diaper rash cream is probably not realy nescessary because they probaly have some supplies at the hospital anyway and diaper rash probably won't show up in the first couples days of life anyway. Diaper rash comes from either eating something that didn't aggree with their stomach or leaving a diaper on too long. I always made sure to change my son's diapers ASAP because if not they can get a really bad rash. Just keep 'em dry as best you can. The baby's first bowl movement will be that really sticky stuff anyway and the baby might not even have another one until they go home, they might not even have a bowl movement at the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment