Thursday, December 31, 2009

What's the best diaper rash creams?

My 6 month old has had a diaper rash for at least 2 weeks now and it just wont seem to go away. I've used desitin and have let her go without diapers while at home. Letting it air out hasn't even seemed to work. It's still bright pink and these little, I guess, blisters have appeared. I change her frequently and apply desitin very thick. She doesn't drink juices. My mom told me to put hydrocortizone on it. But wouldn't that hurt her? Seems like it would sting a little. She's also suggested lotrimon, but isn't that stuff for feet?





Desitin doesn't work for me. What works for you?What's the best diaper rash creams?
This sounds more like a yeast infection then a normal diaper rash to me. I would take her in and have it checked. The lotrimon might work though, it is a fungal cream. (My niece got yeast infections a lot when she was in diapers and the nurse had told us to keep it on hand so we didn't have to run to the ER in the middle of the night, we could just take her to see her doc the next day.)


As for a good diaper rash cream, my niece either used Butt Paste or Triple Paste.What's the best diaper rash creams?
Try ';A %26amp; D Ointment';.
I'm pregnant and just read this today: If your baby is also suffering from diarrhea or is on antibiotics make a 50/50 mixture of Maalox liquid and Aquaphor. The Maalox neutralizes the acidity of the diarrhea and the Aquaphor protects the skin.


Otherwise, it sounds like a yeast infection rash and can be treated with Lotrimin AF (an anti-fungal medicine). The book says you should see improvement within 24hrs and if no improvement is seen within a few days go to the doctor.
Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Works great.
My kids were the same , use old remedy, cornstarch found in baking isle, give bath in little water with some in there and let baby play, and when finished pat dry easy, and sprinkle some in salt shaker on diaper area,change often until clear which will be usually 2 days. they also sell plain cornstarch baby powder in the baby isle at store.
Sounds like its a really bad rash. My daughter got one around 6 months that lasted what seemed like months. It was really only until we took her to the doctor for her 6 months appointment and the doc was taking her rectal temp. He took one look and asked what we were using and I told him Desitin. He said STOP USING IT TODAY! She was having an allergic reaction to it that sometimes takes a while to show up. He said use A%26amp;D Ointment. We did and it cleared up LITERALLY in 3 days! A%26amp;D is a better moisture blocker then regular diaper rash cream.
the best thing for a diaper rash is Vaseline. Trust me it will be the best thing because the pee will roll right off and wont sting at all. Make sure you wash his/ her bottom as often as possible and reapply the Vaseline.
There is a brand called A %26amp;D it might work. It is for diapers rash. But may be you need to take her tthe DR. I would if it has not gone away in two weeks it may not be a diaper rash. Try change brand of diapers if you are useing despoiable try cloth my youngest son was allrige to dispoiable diaper
Corn Starch Works Wonders Thats ALL I Use.. YOu should also get the blistering checked out. Change the pamper for a while to see if it could be that, make sure you change the pamper as often as needed to keep dry to prevent diaper rashes. Also cool warm baths to sooth the area but dont leave the baby soak in for to long could possibly irriate a little more. also make sure the baby is intaking plenty of clear liquids to make sure of clean urine at all times so it will be less likely to catch a uti babies at that age can also catch them. when changing the baby try to put a little bit of powder to keep the bottom area dry it also helps in preventing diaper rash.
There is one called ';BUTT PASTE'; that i used for my daughter, it is very thick and stays on to keep the wetness out..I also used Aveeno diaper rash cream because she had sensitive skin when she was first born..good luck
My favorite is Dr. Smiths. I have used it on my last 3 children. You can see it working within the first 24 hours. You might first make sure that it isn't a yeast infection. If it is, no otc creams will work.
My son went through the same thing and I tried everything I finally found Eucerin Aquaphor it works wonders I love it it funs about 8-10 a bottle depends on what store you go to.
dr. smith's diaper ointment. i only need to apply it once it and it goes away. good luck!
Girls get this from urine to the skin. She should get changed (checked) to see if she needs a change frequently (I know this is time consuming, but also important).I also gave them baths quit often to. Use non- fragrance wipes, and diaper guard or ointment that contains Zinc -Oxide. Hypoallergenic and give her plenty of water. This worked for me without a trip to the ped. If this persist Please take her and get her checked. It could be something besides this. She could also have a reaction to the diapers that your using. I always used Luves. They are the best. Good luck and hope she will be feeling better.
1st you need to make sure it is not a yeast infection (doctor visit) little girls get those two.





2nd once cured put vasoline on bottom after every diaper change and use unsented non alchole wipies every diaper change,





3rd A%26amp;D helps, mix neosporin with painaid will help.





4th when bathing put viniger in bath water let her play in it for a while, stinky but works!





5th brown some cornstarch in the oven and use in diaper. Don't know how it works just that it does
Take the child to the doctor, there may be something in her diet that she is having an allergic reaction to. Also, try baby powder with cornstarch, that absorbs pretty well, as does vaseline. She could also be allergic to the diaper itself. Don't guess at this, but take her to your regular baby doctor.
Hydrocortizon is what my doctor subscribed once for one of my boys,that had a bad rash.also my granddaughter had a rash like your talking about and the doctor said it was a build up of yeast were she had taken antibiotic months before.Take her to the doctor if the hydrocortizon don't work.











(many blessings)
I'm still preggers, but I have heard more than one parent swear by a product called ';Boudreaux's Butt Cream';. You can get it at any Wal-Mart or Target. I have also noticed some alternatives at Babies-R-Us. I do have a 13 year old son and I remember not being overly impressed with Desitin. I would ask you Pediatrician before putting any of the other things your Mom suggested on, just to be safe. Good luck.
petroleum jelly works for my baby, it serves as coating so that the wet will not seeped in to your baby's skin, also works for butt blisters, try it, it will lessen the rash and in time the rash will go away entirely
I found some very interesting suggestions on this site





http://www.babycenter.com/viewArticle.ht鈥?/a>





some listings of diaper rash ointments and creams, this can give ya a good idea for what to look for





http://shopping.msn.com/results/shp/?bCa鈥?/a>
If she has blistery bumps in her diaper rash, it's a yeast diaper rash. Nothing big, just due to always having wetness in the diaper area, lots of babies get it, but the ped will have to prescribe something to get rid of it. I use Johnson's medicated powder at every diaper change to prevent it, learned that trick with my second baby.
Sounds like a yeast diaper rash. Make sure the area is COMPLETELY dry before you put on your cream, and use an anti-fungal, like a gyne-lotrimin or even a regular lotrimin rather than diaper cream. Don't use corn starch baby powder, as the corn starch is food for yeast.





Hope that helps!
BUTT PASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best thing every created!!!
Balmex... It is the absolute BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment