Friday, December 18, 2009

Hello I have a cream called ketoconazole. Can I use it on cold sores?

I got this cream from my doctor for a rash on my arm. I was just curious if I could use it on cold sores.Hello I have a cream called ketoconazole. Can I use it on cold sores?
Ketoconazole is used to treat yeast and fungal infections.





Cold sores are outbreaks of herpes, which is a virus not a fungus, so no it won't work!





What you are after for cold sores is something such as zovirax or valtrex/valacyclovir/acyclovir, either oral or a cream (oral tablets works best).Hello I have a cream called ketoconazole. Can I use it on cold sores?
Sorry, it won't work for cold sores.Cold sores are caused by a virus and Ketoconazole is an antifungal drug used to prevent and treat skin and fungal infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment