Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it ok to put cocoa butter on babys butt as a rash cream?

I use it too and I have had four girls. If your really worried about the safety, they have a cocoa butter formula for babies called Bottum Butter. I live by it cuz it smells good and seems to work faster than most other thigs and you can use it all over.Is it ok to put cocoa butter on babys butt as a rash cream?
it is safe but is not a nappy rash cream try sudocrem insteadIs it ok to put cocoa butter on babys butt as a rash cream?
When my daughter was little she had a pretty bad rash so we went to the doctor and he told me to get some mylanta and use that. The reason being it will nutralize the acid in the urine so the rash will heal. Try it, it works well and fast.
it is safe
that is just a lotion. but some diaper rash oitments dont work. What does work really well is ';Johnson %26amp; Johnson medicated baby powder'; It takes my sons rashes away very quickly.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm sure it's ok to do so but the question is-- does it work??





I use diaper rash cream that has zinc oxide in it.
its safe, but it won't cure the diaper rash





boudreaux's butt paste or desitin - this is one thing that definitely fits the ';you get what you pay for'; adage, so don't scrimp!
Zinc and castor oil cream is best. Never heard of cocoa butter being used but lets face it - if you keep your baby clean and dry, you're half way there. Cocoa butter is hardly going to have a terrible effect. I would ask your health visitor, and maybe go to Boots and look at the creams there. They aren't all as harsh as Sudocrem.
it's safe, but it's not a diaper rash treatment.
Try using A %26amp; D ointment, available at most pharmacies and some grocery stores.
I can't see why not. Is there already a rash? I used Karit茅 butter as a daily cream but used to switch to Calendula cream if the bottom got a bit irritated. Anything is better than the perfumed crap you get at chemists.
It's the zinc in diaper cream that makes it diaper cream.... if your baby's bum is clear, and you just want to put cream on it, then cocoa butter is ok... but I would use diaper cream on a diaper rash.
There is no problem with that. It natural and good for the baby.
No, get talcom powder.
I'm guessing youre a sister? While using cocoa butter is great for ashy elbows they sell diaper rash ointment I believe its called desitin.
Burts Bees makes an awesome diaper ointment. It is better than anything else. It is a bit more expensive. It also smells great. I highly recommend it.





As to your question, I am not sure.
I use cocoa butter on my daughter's wind-chapped cheeks, and it works great. If it seems to be working for the diaper rash, I don't see a problem with it. We don't use anything on her little hinie because she's never had a diaper rash.





(For the record, I'm not a sister either)
I guess it's ok but cornstarch would do a better job
its safe but i wouldnt use it as a nappy rash cream try drapoline this works wonders

No comments:

Post a Comment