Friday, December 18, 2009

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade nappy rash cream?

Good question. I've never used a rash cream on my kids, though - I just made sure to wash their bottoms with plain water after every single diaper change whether they had a bowel movement or were just wet. It's the urine and the soil interacting with the skin that causes the rash, and removing those promptly and thoroughly will prevent it.





Also, I avoided fruit juices entirely until they were potty trained - my mother in law insisted that my oldest ';needed'; the juice and it always gave her a rash, so after her, no more juice and no more rashes on any of my kids' behinds.Does anyone have a recipe for homemade nappy rash cream?
why do you want a homemade one when the ones out there are so effective and available without a Rx?Does anyone have a recipe for homemade nappy rash cream?
Not entirely homemade, but I mix zinc cream (penaten) 50/50 with petroleum jelly. Makes the zinc less sticky, easier on the skin to remove.
I don't know about cream, but I used pure corn starch on my kids for diaper rash and it worked wonders.
  • symphony
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment