Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is the best diaper rash cream to use to prevent it in the first place? I hate the smell of desitin?

My babies pediatrician recomended triple paste. My baby girl is 7 months and has not had any diaper rash yet. It has no odor and is not hard to wash off.What is the best diaper rash cream to use to prevent it in the first place? I hate the smell of desitin?
I like A%26amp;D ointment. It has no smell. I use a small amount of it every diaper change.What is the best diaper rash cream to use to prevent it in the first place? I hate the smell of desitin?
AD cream
I've used it all and Vaseline works best for my daughter. I think I use Babies R Us Nursing Gel. Desitin doesn't smell to me but it works okay. Balmex works a little better. Also, I always use the pure cornstarch baby powder with aloe and vitamin E in it. That seems to work really well.
I think all of them work fine, it just depends on the baby. I tried ALL - no exaggeration- of them on my baby's butt and the only thing that works and protects her from getting a rash is desitin. I hate the smell too, but since it the only one that works I just put up with it. Buy different brands until you find one that works for your baby.
Vaseline!





It's the only totally oil based product that utterly stops the urine and poop even touching the skin in the first place.





Since I used it on my first after an awful case of nappy rash, neither girls have had it at all.





Lovely stuff! And no smell!
Try Boudreux's Butt Paste. It's in a yellow box with a baby on it. It's very good and it doesn't smell like Desitin. Hope this helped.
Have your heard of Butt Paste? Seriously, that's its name:





http://www.buttpaste.com/





Good reviews.
I use a+d ointment. Every time my son gets a bath, which is about every other day, he gets it on his bottom. So far we've been rash free for almost 9 months. Another thing to prevent rashes is to not let you baby sit in a wet diaper for too long, letting his bottom air dry, and wiping him everytime you change his diaper (with a wipe or warm cloth). Good Luck!
I swear by A and D ointment....works great and I didnt mind the smell of it.
I love the Burt's Bees line of baby products. They are all made from natural ingredients and the diaper creme smells like rosemary. I have used their diaper creme from day one and my 6 month old has never had any diaper rash.However, I use it as a preventative tool every morning and night without exception.





It is a little pricier, but aren't our babies worth it?
the vaseline tip is the best for preventing it. but aveeno also makes a cream that doesnt smell.
I like Boudreu's butt paste. Funny name- great product!
My daughter breaks out time to time and I find triple antiobiotic cream (neosporin) helps greatly. Makes her rash go away within 1-3 days depending on how bad it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment