Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What kind of diaper rash cream should I use?

My daughter has a rash, I am not sure if it is a diaper rash or allergic rash or what. It doesn't really seem to bother her too much pain wise but last night she scratched a whole in her diaper trying to scratch the rash. I am not sure what to do, I have been putting desitin on it but she is still trying to scratch it all the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.





Thank youWhat kind of diaper rash cream should I use?
Desitin works like magic. If she is scratching it might be something else and you should get it checked out.What kind of diaper rash cream should I use?
Bordeaux's Butt Paste is the best. You can get it anywhere...Target, the Grocery Store...
I use Aquaphor, the peditrician said the thicker and gooier the better. Make sure you dry her off really well and then put it on. It's also great for you chapped lips!
How old is your daughter? It doesn't sound like a diaper rash, could be a yeast infection or an allergic reaction to something I would go see the doctor.
I swear by Pinxav (Pink Salve) www.pinxav.com. My parents used it on my siblings and me. Now I use it on my children. I use it sometimes on myself. My son that is 6 gets a sore butt, he yells for Pinxav, and once he gets it on there is relief.
I use Balmex and it works pretty well on my son.
Don't use Desitin. That will sometimes make a rash worse. A rash needs to be dry.


I recommend Medicated Baby Gold Bond powder. It works the best. It realeaves itching. You can get it at a drug store. It really works.
I had tried every diaper rash cream on the market with my three children and I found out none of them really work for the reason we want it, I found Ammen's Original Medicated Powder works Great and it works for heat rash and chapping also it can be found at WalMart, K-Mart and some drug stores it comes in a white powder bottle with red and blue words look careful there is another brand that packages real close to Ammen's but it doesn't work as well.
What I tried and it did worked was cornstarch yeap the one you buy to cook.


Since is like a powder is just easy to put to baby and she will feel more refreshed and aliviate the itch...





Now since diaper really bother her I suggest you leave her in clothe diaper for a little bit i know it probably will make a mess but is best to leave it airy for a little bit :o)


hope baby gets better soon :o)





K
I highly recommend Butt Paste, yes that is what it is called. I use it on my son for any rash he gets. It's a little pricey but it works, diffinently worth the money. It helps prevent chaffing too.
Penetan Cream
alternate between olive oil and diaper rash cream. also, give her some time without her diaper to let it air out.
if you can, take her to a doctor or a clinic. just by looking at the rash they should be able to tell you what it is.





it sounds like your daughter is over a year old. often kids can have reactions to foods they have eaten the same way their skin can react after they have been taking antibiotics. their skin is bright red, almost like a large ulcer, and it's super painful for them.





strawberries, citrus, and tomatoes are common culprits of this bright red, ulcerous rash. keep the diaper clean and as dry as possible. this means being very attentive every time your daughter wets her diaper, and using a wet cloth to dab the area clean. wipes often hurt the rash more (you still have to use wipes for #2s, but be very gentle!). pat dry, then use desitin.





okay, another culprit could be a yeast infection. like athlete's foot or jock itch, it's itchy and can be painful. this requires treatment from a dr. there are creams you can put on the rash to help it heal and get the yeast under control.





if it is a speckled rash or is pretty blotchy it can be a number of other things like from contact w/an allergen.





i really like desitin for a bad, red diaper rash. for mild irritation i like to use A%26amp;D. but beware, if you daughter is allergic to lanolin, it has it in it. if not, it may be very soothing.





hope this helps! you might also try websites like www.babycenter.com or www.webmd.com
Burt's Bees is great but it sounds like she may have yeast. Have her Dr. check her out.
Definitly use Boudeux's Butt Paste. It sounds funny and I did not want to put ';paste'; on my daughters hiney. But it worked better than any others and believe me I tried them all. You can find it at Wal-Mart. It was a life saver.





Also, I had to learn, changing my daughters diaper like every 45 minutes ( or checking it) put an end to those awful rashes. And not giving too much juice.





Good Luck!!!
diaper rashes arn't typically itchy, i would see the doctor about this one.


but for diaper rashes and to prevent the best thing i have found is A%26amp;D ointment.
Boudreaux's Butt Paste-Hands down!!!!!


Try it and you'll never use anything else.
The best thing to use for me was vaseline, it prevents and helps diaper rash and its not that messy.
  • symphony
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment