Friday, December 18, 2009

I have dry skin on face, lotion makes it worse and burn, currently using Ketoconazole cream, please help!?

I started getting red spots on my face under the skin (not acne) and I went into the doctor and they said it was some type of contact fungal infection and gave me Ketoconazole cream to put on it. This cleared it up 90% very quickly and I was sure the last couple faded red spots would disappear when my skin became extremely dry.





I have a history of dry skin on my face and usually use Neutrogena facial lotion. Since the red spots started occurring, the Neutrogena has burned my skin and I was forced to switch to other lotions (I've used Olay facial lotion and Eucerin).





The Neutrogena burns and turns my face bright red in the ultra dry areas on the sides of my chin below my mouth. The Olay and Eucerin don't burn as much but it seems like no matter how much lotion I use of any kind, within 30 minutes to an hour my face is extremely dry, flaking, and peeling again. I've even tried using Aquaphor and that can't keep my skin hydrated for long.





I don't have time to go to the doctor this week (I have finals) so can anyone recommend a new type of lotion or something that will help with the extreme dryness?I have dry skin on face, lotion makes it worse and burn, currently using Ketoconazole cream, please help!?
what kind of soap do u use?


do not use the bar kind.I have dry skin on face, lotion makes it worse and burn, currently using Ketoconazole cream, please help!?
Ok


What you do is stop using all that stuff you are using and start using AVENO it works really well and they make one for dry skin. Also you don't want to use anything scented because it will make your face burn more. I also recommend dove no scented sope and if you already tried that use a brand called care it's orange. Hope this help. :)
Sounds like your sensitive to the perfumes in these products because I get the same reaction when I use certain types of soap so I can only use dove soap because its unscented the dove moisturisers are also unscented.
Try OLIVE OIL... the light type which will stay on the skin. and won't hurt or burn.


you can also take a tea spoon of olive oil in food / or just before taking some orange juice.
put milk on it
Never put lotion on your face!!!!!!!!!!! You just need to get neutragena, it helps dry skin, it doesn't cost that much at all either!
i have a slight variation on that without the spots and its so annoying but i found doing nothing other than water will pretty well
I would try a doctor for better meds.
same w/ me but now i dn't have any 'cause my mom told me to drink a lot of water trust me
Please try these!! Avene repair cream or vitamin E oil or coconut oil, and you know what else I do; I use the ordinary dairy butter! My skin is this sensitive and there's only so much it can tolerate!





I don't use any cleanser either! Nothing except dairy butter and honey!! I cleanse my skin with these two plus jojoba oil! Try Avene Skin repair too - it worked miracles for me in the past, but not anymore, my skin is now allergic to it so i only use the three things mentioned.





Do not use soap or exfoliators if your skin doesn't tolerate them!! Mein doesn't and I don't.
I think I might have the same problem. I once went to a dermatologist and they did a punch biopsy (basically took a skin sample) and they told me I have dermatitis. They said there is no cure and to use whatever cream works for me. This was about a year ago.





Do you find that it's worse (the reddest) when you get out of the shower? cuz it is for me.





I plan on goin back to a different Dermatologist to get a second opinion.





For now I use Aveeno and it seems to work pretty good. Some days you can hardly see any flakey or red skin but other days no matter what I try it's very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment