Friday, December 18, 2009

Vaseline as a diaper rash cream?

Could you use it as a diaper rash cream? If I go one time with out putting something on my baby she gets all red. Would this be okay?Vaseline as a diaper rash cream?
Vaseline is used to keep moisture out, if she already is red then it wouldn't be good to use it as it will hold the moisture to her already sore bum. Use a diaper cream until its gone then use vaseline.Vaseline as a diaper rash cream?
my baby was like that until I switched to Seventh Generation diapers. I guess he was allergic to something in the regular Pampers/Huggies diapers. We were fighting diaper rash for 4 months until I figured it out. :( Now I never have to use any ointment on him and he never has a rash. Also, you shold avoid wipes, even the sensitive ones. Just use warm water and cotton pads or Viva paper towels instead.
It works greate. Even better when you put powder on top.
I know of several people who use it as a diaper rash cream. If you don't use it every time you change her, it's fine. If you can, let baby go with no diaper for awhile to dry things out down there.
VCaseline is a great preventative for diaper rashes but I have been told b/c my children's rashes always got worse with vaseline that it was because vaseline doesn't let air to the actual rash. but use to prevent rashes from happening it is awesome with that
Let me tell you, when my daughter was around 2 months she got a real bad diaper rash. I started putting Vaseline on her every time I changed her. She is 6 months now and she never had a diaper rash again. The poop and urine runs off of her due to the Vaseline. So yes use Vaseline every time you change her diaper.
It's OK to prevent diaper rash because it forms a barrier. That way the pee and poo will not cling to the butt. But as far as getting rash that's already on there, it may not help much.
Yes. My sons Dr told us from the beginning to use that. I love it! Its cheaper and it works much better (for us at least)
I've been using vaseline only at every diaper change since my DD was born (now 6 1/2 months) and have yet to get a diaper rash.
It's great for when the baby has a rash, I also use it every time I change my little guys diaper just to avoid rash in the first place.
they used it on my baby when she was born it will be okay..
yes that is fine in fact that is what my doctor recommended we use for my son had an allergic reaction to a few of the diaper rash creams. and it doesn't cost as much as the diaper rash creams either and you can use it for multiple uses which makes it even better.
Thats all I used
I use vaseline for everything. i put it on everynight all over her little bum and all over where the diaper covers.....She has never had diaper rash or any red areas. i also use it under her nose when she gets sore from a cold....as a cheek protector when out on those really cold days....


you can also try Cold Pressed Coconut oil.....it works well for children with chronic diaper rash which is a result of candida - overgrowth of yeast in body..... and coconut is all natural and smells wonderful!!
If you're using Pampers or other disposable diapers, your baby probably has a yeast infection.





There are several things you can do...





Let your baby go without her diaper as much as you can.





Clean her with gentle soap and water ONLY.





Dry her well......even using a hair dryer on the cool setting for all the nooks and crannies.





Dust with corn starch.





Never use Vaseline.....it comes out of the ground as crude oil. Not good for skin. Instead use solid Crisco, it's all vegetable oil and much better for the skin. But use it only after the diaper rash is cleared up!!!!! And never use both Crisco and powder or corn starch at the same time, it makes a pasty mess!!!
a%26amp;d is better for preventative measures it wipes of alot easier to but if thats all you have go ahead no to much just a light coating.
Vaseline works, but not as good a zinc oxide (Desitin). If possible get a generic, it's not expensive and works much better.
The best stuff to use for diaper rashes is mylanta. The doctor told my sister to use it for my neice and it works better then destin. You put a little of it on the red spots then wait a min for that to dry then put vasaline on top of that to help keep it there. My neices rash was real bad and it was gone in just 2 days! Sounds weird but it does work!
vaseline or bag balm both work great!





Bag balm is really for cows teets, BUT it's a healing factor for them and works just as well on on baby. If my son gets a diaper rash i put that on him and it's usually gone within 24 hours.
I use it all the time even as a preventative measure. My lil one never had a diaper rash til she was 6 months old.. I highly recommend it!!
Yep, we used Vaseline or A%26amp;D as diaper rash prevention and it worked wonderfully.


Tip- Be sure your daughters entire diaper area is *completely* dry before applying these ointments or else you'll trap the wetness against her skin. Air drying is the best but not always the most convienient. You could use a clean cloth diaper to pat her down after wiping or a hair dryer on its lowest setting and more than 12'; away from her body.


Good Luck!!
There is usually a better, less messy cream that you can get from your pediatrician called nystatin, works even better than vasoline, although vasoline won't hurt, but usually vasoline is recommended for rashes caused specifically from diarrhea. But like I said, it won't hurt or harm your baby, but at his/her next check up it might be good to just mention that you're using this daily and see what they recommend and if the cream might be better in your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment