Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What nappy rash cream would you recommend?

My daughter who is 12 months has terrible nappy rash at the moment. It is even bleeding a little in places where it is so sore. This has happened in the last 48 hours.


Metanium cream has always been brilliant and clears it up but this time it hasn't. Sudacrem is good for her bottom but not the front so that is no good.


She is teething which always makes her get nappy rash and she's drinking one sippy cup of juice a day too which may be making the rash worse.What nappy rash cream would you recommend?
First of all, I do not recommend Sudocrem as it actually takes a layer of skin off of babies.


I use zinc %26amp; castor oil. It's brilliant, my twin girls have never experienced nappy rash because of it. I get it from boots, it's only about £1.50 and it works wonders.


If not, try bepanthem. I've heard it works just as good but is a bit more expensive for a little tube.What nappy rash cream would you recommend?
Vasogel ! :) Its fabby !!! My daughter gets really bad allergic reactions to food and it gives her terrible nappy rash as her poo and wee get really acidic - she gets almost like burns/blisters on her bum :( - Vasogel clears it up in no time! You can buy it over the ounter its like £3 or get it on prescription! Its a barrier cream like sudacrem but its got a better healing power (apparently according to the doctor!!!) Anyway i think its the best thing ever as does my daughter :)
I swore by metanium too but if it isn't helping you could try bethanapen (?spelling). I think the acid in the juice won't be helping though so if you can persevere with metanium, switch her onto water and leave her nappy off as much as possible (my girls weren't trained but were sitting on potties by this age so this helped).





If you are still breastfeeding you could use some expressed breastmilk as it is great for skin problems (or if you can - borrow a friends!)
Metanium didnt work??? Wow. thats always my last resort and it always does the trick.





Definately try to get more fluids into her - I know its hard. Even in the form of ice lollys if she will take one, or ice cubes, either water, or diluting orange ice cubes.





As for nappy rash, in the past I've used - Kamilosan, Zinco Spray, E45, and of course Metanium.





Ask your pharmacist, but perhaps a yeast infection cream may clear it up. However she may require a prescription for it.
Bodreaux Butt Paste





Also: J%26amp;J Medicated baby powder. It has Zinc Oxide in it-and keeps baby dry. It will help clear up quicker!





EDIT: I usually don't care when I get a thumbs down-but honestly- This stuff works wonders for my daughter. My baby is VERY sensitive down there when it comes to rashes. These two things, and Balmex as well, work very good. This is just my advice..
Vaseline, Vasaline....! it works w/o any burning or scent. Its been around for ever and works better then all those other rash creams its the original and alwasy works and protects...


';Butt Paste'; also works.!! its at TARGET...
When my son had a horrible cracked bleeding diaper rash I was using Desitin which I thought worked great. But I also gave him oatmeal baths every night and it seemed to have dried it up faster.
Bepanthen?
Try Drapolene, it worked wonders when my 2 were little.
drapoline... OR the good old fashioned egg white. yes egg white is fantastic
my grandma has told me to put a zinc and castor oil cream on my babys bum and so far hes not had any nappy rash
Castor Oil and Zinc is fantastic you can get it from most pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment